My wife is driving me crazy!

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Amature, May 11, 2016.

1. Amature

Gold Member

Let me start of by saying I love my wife. Sexually, I have no problems with her. With that being said, she is driving me crazy! Just little things that have escalated to being major annoyances.

For instance, she leaving the door or curtains open in whatever room I'm in while I'm nude. I have always been self conscience about my body. We sleep in separate rooms (she has to have a noise machine on and I have to have a sleep apnea machine on). We live with my daughter and son in law. I usually go to bed before she does, and she will always come into my room to talk a while and kiss me goodnight. And leave the door open. Or when she gets ready to leave the room, leave it open. I'm disabled and getting out of bed to close it is painful and difficult. Today I was in the bathroom getting ready to get in the shower and she just had to step in to tell me some earth shattering news. And of course prop the door open with a chair and leave, knowing my other son in law would be coming over in just a couple of minutes. After she left, I yelled and asked her if there was any particular reason she had left it opened. She said it was because the door had just swung itself open. I answered OK, but that doesn't explain the chair. We have air conditioning. The other day I laid down for a nap. I woke up and she had opened the curtains and there I was, laying naked, for our female mail carrier or whoever drove up the road to see. But, if someone comes to the house while she's in the shower, heaven forbid I not rush to the bathroom and warn her, just in case she would step across the hall to her room in only her panties or a robe.

The other thing is her constantly putting things away and forgetting where she puts them. Her stuff. My stuff. Our stuff. It doesn't matter. I don't know how many times we've had to spend $$$$ on replacement stuff she's hid and can't find. Right now I'm hunting for glue I bought and she hid. I would have put it away, the next time I'd went to my hobby office, if she'd put it in my bedroom where I could find it.

A lot of our trouble is we are together 24 hours a day, 7 days a week ( usually) and baby sitting a 7 month old every day and a six year old a lot. There is a reason women go through menopause. We're not suppose to still be raising newborns when you are 57 years old.

I apologize for the rant. I have tried talking to her and it doesn't do any good.

CLE32793 and Zazzles like this.
  2. Unomike2

Gold Member

I have a question. Has she always been this way or is it a recent development?

Gingerbear and Amature like this.
  3. Amature

Gold Member

We've been married four years. She's lost things ever since we've been married. The door and curtain thing about a year I suppose.

4. treo

Gold Member

If I were you, I would count my blessings g you have a wife that is giving you good sex and loves you. The problems you have sound like pet pevs. Welcome to the real world.

I think your wife might have some issues that need addressing. She seems to be doing things out of spite. She know you don't like the curtains and doors open. Yet she keeps doing it. Unless there is something medical going on for the memory loss, which is very possible.

She might have a fetish also. Having people see you nude might be something that gets her off. I had a GF that wanted people to see us naked and having sex. She loved being naked and wanted to get caught having sex in public.

Nonetheless, try talking to her again and make sure she knows how you feel. Good luck.

Gingerbear, CLE32793 and Amature like this.
  5. MariaMaria

Gold Member

All I can offer as food for thought is what I've found out about this from my experience.
    When I start getting mad about "little things", that's just a symptom of something else going on. You mention being together 24/7 and disliking the babysitting. That might be the root of things, but it could also be just about plain old communication. You mention you've tried talking to her, but it didn't work. Which part didn't work? Were you not clear enough? Did she not understand you? Did she promise to change but didn't? This is not about finding someone to blame, it's just to figure out where the communication breakdown is.
    I've found this helpful: http://marriage.about.com/od/communicationkeys/a/difficulttalk.htm
    Good luck :)

6. Unomike2

Gold Member

My suggestion is she needs a physical checkup to rule out any physical problems that could be affecting her mentally. Could be she is going through hormonal changes that gradually changes her thought processes.
    This is something you need to be involved in and go with her and explain to the doctor your concerns. I've been through this with my late wife many years ago. It can't hurt, it can help find a cause for her problems as you see it. But, all this requires her cooperation.

CLE32793 and Amature like this.
  7. Amature

Gold Member

Thank you all for your thoughts. I do realize how lucky I am to have her. I did talk to her again last night about leaving the door open and how it annoys me. I point blank asked her if she was doing it on purpose. She laughed ans said "No!" and then did it again today. She went through "the change" right before we got together, and she is always cold, while I am sweating. So it could be a hormonal issue. I'll talk to her about that too.

Thanks again everyone!

treo, CLE32793 and Unomike2 like this.
  8. Nixie

Gold Member

To me, it sounds like she just might be a little bit flighty - and I don't mean that in a bad way! I can be rather flighty myself, but I'm honest about it and tell people so they know what to expect. :p

Maybe this is just one of her quirks but she tries to make up for it in other ways (I'm just guessing, really).

The worst thing I can see is that you're together 24/7, as that's not healthy for anyone. And parenting duties on top of that (while living in a very full house) is probably making you feel a little more tired and easily annoyed at the little things she does.

You're under a lot of stress, but definitely keep talking to her and listening to her. And if you need outside help, don't be afraid to ask for it.

9. Candela

Verified Gold Member

Next time she does it,Grab her throw her down on your bed and start making out with her.I am sure the curtains will be closed quickly..If not then proceed with the curtains open!...A little tit for tat!

CLE32793, Amature and Wandererer like this.
  10. Amature

Gold Member

I'm sure you are right @Nixie, we really do need more time apart. She goes and sees her mother once a month overnight and we get to missing each other pretty bad.

Wonderful idea @Candela, I'll have to give that a try! LOL.

11. biker061

Gold Member

all i can offer is this...could she make a list like this about you as well? i bet she could!

Amature likes this.
  12. Amature

Gold Member

Oh yes! She has an apparently endless list of complaints about me!