My love is leaving

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by BigGreekD, May 9, 2012.

1. BigGreekD

BigGreekD Member

I live in NJ. She lives in NY. No big deal, i see her often (except recently, its finals week and i see her once every two weeks.) I talk to her on the phone every night to say goodnight and i love you. We text, we sext, we webcam chat.
    Over the summer she will be home (NJ) most of the time but still taking summer courses. Come late august, she moves to Italy for 9 months. Time zones are different so I can't really communicate that often. She won't have internet, she won't have a cell phone. I was planning on visiting her for a month but that's still 8 months without her. Any suggestions on what I should do?
    I think I thought of everything but I'd like to know what you all think.

(Haven't been here in a while.)

2. Scrubs

Scrubs New Member

well there's really only so much you can do. Either tough it out and be ok with hardly talking to her, or you guys can sort something out where you could see other people while she's gone. 9 months is a long time without seeing someone and when she gets back you will probably be closer than ever.

3. boobjob

Verified Gold Member

Snail mail! Good old fashioned love letters. That's all you can do. This is a typical case of "if you love someone set them free". Hopefully you both can wait for each other. Good luck.

4. Scrubs

Scrubs New Member

Wow...you can really tell us younger generation grew up with technology because mailing a letter never even crossed my mind. I think boobjob has the right idea about the love letters.

5. Meee

Gold Member

Visit her in the middle, so it will really be two periods of three and a half months. Three and a half months isn't so much.

And one way or another, she will have internet.

6. BigGreekD

BigGreekD Member

I was thinking of sending letters but that's like riding a bicycle to work after you've been driving for your whole life. Not the same... and slow.
    I really want to stay with her and I will most likely just champ it out. If you know my from my old posts, we don't have a good history of being separated for long periods of time in other countries. I don't want to point any fingers but I've never left USA.

7. thunderseed

Gold Member

I also like the love letters idea. Yeah, it's not the same as what you are used to, and it's slow, but if this means that much to you it's a lot better than nothing and you don't really have any other alternatives. You can also mail back and fourth hot pictures, or even a USB flash drive with videos if she ever has access to a computer.

Why would she not have a phone? ? ? That is actually kind of ridiculous. She is going to be gone for 9 months, what if she needs to get in contact with family or relatives, what if she gets sick or injured, what if some earth disaster happens, and in all it's really unsafe to not have a way of contacting anyone while you are in a different country. She can even buy one of those cheap phones with select minutes, or get a calling card, ect.

Even if she doesn't have a cell phone, the place she is living probably has a land line so couldn't you just call her there? If long distance is an issue for expense for her, offer to pay for it or pay half.

Even if she doesn't have internet access doesn't mean she can't go to an internet cafe or a library...? Hell, why doesn't she just bring her cell phone and steal internet?

Why is it definite that she will have no phone and no internet?

8. somhairle

somhairle Well-Known Member

I'm with TS on this one. [.......although she surprised the hell out of me that a letter appealed to her. Couldn't see TS being turned on by a card with flowers on it and a message of unrequited love.....;) ] Snail mail may be an OK supplement but why can't you arrange internet access. I wouldn't bother with the phone......it is too limited. But surely in the States before she goes, you get her a cheap second hand laptop with basic comms functions, get her to obtain an internet account in Italy and get going. I'm sure that the Italian ISP will do a deal to provide a router if she needs it.

So, make it happen. Doubt that there is a place on the planet that doesn't provide access. But I think I may be a bit frustrated waiting for a pic of her having fun drop into my mail box. You're gonna start to get very restless you pair. So make it happen.

9. China

China New Member

buy her a phone and laptop to take with her

10. BigGreekD

BigGreekD Member

She has sprint. They don't have a world plan. The school she's staying with will have land phones but they won't let her call just to say hello for 2 hours like we usually do. so for disasters there is a phone. She has a laptop just no internet.
    We don't all have money to enjoy the luxury of internet or a cell phone, expecially when her degree cost 35k and then going to italy cost an additional 50k. School doesn't include the $1300 flight and food either.
    I'm going to send letters, and i like the idea of sending pictures and a flash drive :p. I just hope it doesn't get lost in the mail, or else someones going to be very disappointed in my photography skills haha.
    Thanks for the suggestions guys.

11. somhairle

somhairle Well-Known Member

Glad you have it sorted and hope it works out for you.

12. Maverick

Maverick Member

Before she leaves, go to the local adult store and get one of those self making dildos, where you can cast your penis as her dildo. Send it with her. :) Win win, buddy.

13. almostthere

Gold Member

Mavericks got a good idea. I was going to suggest make a video/dvd of the two of you. Each one have a copy to masterbate to.

And send me some baklava!

14. BigGreekD

BigGreekD Member

HAHA Baklava, I only make it around the holidays.

Casting and making a dildo is a good idea, i saw that a really long time ago. I'll do that.
    Thanks guys

15. MrFusion

MrFusion New Member

Italy is a modern country, she's not going to school in Kandahar... No Internet at this school?

Skype is free, and for $20 you can both get webcams. Time differences can be worked out. Personally, I'd be more worried about the pool of guys over there with the olive complexion, fancy accents, and desire for the foreign women...