My Ink and Another Piercing

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by FlirtyChick, Nov 9, 2008.

1. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

Hi!

Well, I have made up my mind. I am getting my tattoo next week. I have a surgical scar on my back, and I have selected/designed a beautiful dragonfly with a black pearl body that will curve with the scar...Purple and teal. This is the symbolism of the dragonfly, thus my choice; If you want to skip this mundane hoo-haa, go past the description for my question about piercing.

Dragonfly symbolism crosses and combines with that of the butterfly and change. The dragonfly symbolizes going past self-created illusions that limit our growing and changing. Dragonflies are a symbol of the sense of self that comes with maturity.

They are fantastic flyers, darting like light, twisting, turning, changing direction, even going backwards as the need arises. They are inhabitants of two realms - starting with water, and moving to the air with maturity, but staying close to water. Some people who have the dragonfly as their totem have had emotional and passionate early years, but as they get older they achieve balance with mental clarity and control. They gain an expression of the emotional and mental together.

Dragonflies are old and adaptive insects, and are most powerful in the summer under the effects of warmth and sunlight. Their colors are a result of reflecting and refracting the power of light. As a result, they are associated with color magic, illusion in causing others only to see what you wish, and other mysticism.

The are often represented in Japanese paintings, representing new light and joy. To some Native Americans they are the souls of the dead. Faerie stories say that they used to be real dragons.

Dragonflies are reminders that we are light and can reflect the light in powerful ways if we choose to do so. "Let there be light" is the divine prompting to use the creative imagination as a force within your life. They help you to see through your illusions and allow your own light to shine in a new vision.

The piercing question. I have multi-lobe piercings in my left ear, and two of those symbolize change or and ending or new beginning in my life. I have no lobe left to pierce, so this new ending must be symbolized in cartilage. I know some of you probably have car piercings, so which location hurts the least. I need to do this to remember something that made my life great for a short time.

Thanks,
    FC

2. Dreama

Gold Member

The tattoo sounds beautiful, hun! And, I have both my ears multi-pierced-left has 2, right has 4, and I'm wanting to get a cartilage piercing or maybe an industrial. I'll be interested to see what others have to say about this, too.

3. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

:p
    My Bro has multiple tats and piercings, and he says the cartilidge hurts worse. I only use the one hear, for symbolistic reasons because I am strange. I cannot have an industrial because I am a business professional, so that is out. I want my navel done, but I use the hot tub quite often, and good piercers will tell you that this is not a good practce with a new needling. So that is out. Hope we get some advice soon. I really need these symbols to finish a chapter in my life. I am so strange!

4. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

Ok, my hair chick, who died my hair almost black today, told me that cartilage hurts like hell and take weeks to feel better. I wish someone else would help us. I need another pain inducing symbol to end that chapter. I am also not going to to the ink on my upper back scar. It still is sore from time to time, and if the cancer comes back they will destroy it. I think my shoulder blade or hip. I wish you could have viewed those pics!

Luv ya,
    R