My friend kills 7, Im just stunned....

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Hot Wheels, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

I've known Troy for about 12 years and was involved with him in our mutual sport till he moved to Texas about 8 years ago.
    I got a call yesterday informing me that he was doing a charity day for kids which included a burnout routine that turned tragic when he lost control of the car and it went into the crowd.
    Knowing him personally, I can just imagine how he would be feeling right now....absolutely shattered:(
    Our hearts go out to all concerned....:cry
    Im just stunned....I don't know what else to say:ugh

2. Adramalech

Adramalech New Member

So I take it he pulled a Richard Petty...

3. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

So Richard Petty killed 7 innocent bystanders and injured about a dozen as well did he?

4. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

I read of it yesterday. Burnouts and other car stunts are part of the fun and action. Apparently, there are supposed to be guard rails along the drive route for protection, and there were none.

I'm so sorry that this has touched you and your friend so closely. Our thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and the driver. Very very sad. :grouphug

5. Rose

Gold Member

No. I've been around NASCAR quite a while. I suppose the poster waas just referring to the "Burnout". :shrug

6. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

Thanks Rose, I cant believe they had such little protection for the crowd.
    You'd never get away with that over here,too many regulations, but at the end of the day, they are only there to protect us from ourselves.
    As for Troy, I know how much he loves kids, he would have looked forward to doing a charity deal for them for nothing, just to help raise money for a good cause.
    The fact that he has killed some of them in the process would have cut him to the bone...
    Knowing him....I doubt that he'll ever sit in a race car again:(

7. Rose

Gold Member

Oh - you can bet there will be serious legal consequenses here. The regulations obviously were not followed by the organizing group.
    But sadly, that does nothing to change the tragedy.

8. james88

james88 New Member

My heart goes out to your friend, you and everyone else this may concern, including the families of those lost.
    Sounds like he loved helping people... I am truly sorry for him.
    T_T

9. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

WOW That isnt something i have many words for...I am sorry for your friend hotwheels, and even more sorry for the children and their families....Its so so wrong whe nsomething meant for fun and amusment turns into a tragedy... :(

I remember watching something kind of like this about a Big foot show ( sadly the jeep made the car jump but bounced up so high and ended up in the crowd of people .....

I hope your friend makes some sort of recovery hotwheels.
    Ive never been in that sort of situation before, but i have seen a female friend of mine many years back fall from a 35ft roof and land on her head :( i spent a lot of hours in the hos wit hher waiting to see if she would be alright ( like i said not the same thing, but still a tragedy :( )

10. heelfetish

Gold Member

Holy shit. I'm so sorry for everyone involved. I've always been a gear-head, loving cars with every bone in my body. A spirited driver, pushing things to the limit. I remember pondering what I would ever do if I ever took another persons life with my car. Killing myself came to mind, as did destroying or burying the car. I guess it just came down to not knowing how I'd react. I've since slowed down and have more respect for myself and the people I share the road with.

It's a very unfortunate accident your friend was involved in. It's not that he was reckless or dangerous; but rather an unfortunate incident that will change the lives of those involved forever. I wish him all the best. He and the families of those who died will be in my thoughts for the days to come. :(

11. LaVitaDolce

LaVitaDolce New Member

I also heard about it yesterday. I'm so sorry. I couldn't imagine what he's going through right now. My prayers go out to his family. :)

12. Martin_Baker

Martin_Baker New Member

7 people passed? I'm so sorry to hear that. That is so sad. I don't even have words for what the families are going through. I have absolutely no doubt that this was a freak incident but that will never console the families of the 7 or the conscience of the driver but I have no doubt all our thoughts and prayers go out to all involved. Such a sad story Hotwheels.

13. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

According to CNN it was six, but yes a horrible, sad tragedy.

14. fatcock77

fatcock77 New Member

yeah thought they would have better safety can any 1 spell law suit

15. Elisabeta

Elisabeta New Member

How awful! I know you must feel helpless -- wanting to to comfort your friend and him being so far away. Very very sad.

16. heelfetish

Gold Member

Yeah, because money is going to bring back the deceased. :(

HW, I just watched the videos, and it's a tragic thing that happened; a freak accident. Let's just hope that your friend comes out of this OK, and not forget the respect which that kind of power deserves.

17. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

Thanks for the replies guys.....I have since learnt more about the circumstances of the accident.:ugh
    Although it wasn't his fault,(the car would have done what it did no matter who was in the seat),it hasn't helped with the way he feels and at the moment and his friends and family are keeping him under close watch.
    As Rose and Fatcock said....the only ones winning out of all this are going to be the lawyers:(

18. LaVitaDolce

LaVitaDolce New Member

That's a damn shame. :mad

19. Adramalech

Adramalech New Member

No, Petty used to drag race. He Injured 7 people and killed an eight year old boy during a crash.

20. Bella

Gold Member

OMG HW!!! :(
    I saw this on the news!
    How very sad indeed for your friend & his family! :cry
    My heart goes out to him & to you!
    ***blowing you a kiss***
    & sending great BIG HUGZ!!!!!! :)
    ~Bella