My dream last night.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jayce, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Jayce

Gold Member

So it all started with me being raged over gas prices, I ended up picking up a small scooter. You know, those kind that max out at like 45 mph, like a new-school moped. Anyway, I went up to a subway restaurant and parked the scooter on the sidewalk along the restaurant, which wasn't illegal at all considering there was already another one there.

Right away when I parked it a man in a taxi cab came barreling down the sidewalk, knocking over parking meters. He screeched to a stop in this 1960's looking taxi cab and proceeded to write me a ticket. After calling him some choice words, we got into a fight. Then the taxi driver went to his trunk and pulled out a bow.

So I took off running. Behind the subway restaurant was a large grassy area with large, large strees spread out. I just kept running, and he was shooting arrows at me. I was dodging them matrix style. After he started running he was quickly catching up to me since he was like 6 foot 10 and had a huge stride when he ran. I came to an enbankment and found a pond. I ran down the side and darted into the water. I floated around holding my breath for a minute or two before poking my head above water, which was luckily covered by some lillypads so I was unseen. I then saw him walk away.

I climbed out of the water and felt something latch onto my hand. Turns out it was a baby snake. It scared the living shit out of me, so I began to run up the side of the huuuuge enbankment as fast as I could. It seemed everywhere I turned there was another snake. At this point I started to panic. I tripped and fell to the ground, and I felt another snake bite my other hand. When I turned around I saw about 4 of them sitting there coiled up and ready to strike. My instinct was to get away as fast as possible, and in doing so I ended up rolling down the enbankment to the very bottom where the edge of the pond was. I rolled over quite a few snakes on the way, and then got bit by a snapping turtle when I landed on the edge of the water.

Then I woke up.

2. Thorn

Gold Member

You should google and find a website that will interpet your dream man. There must be a deeep meaning to it.:ugh

3. Bluesy

Gold Member

That's easy peasy. Any time you find yourself running away from danger, it means that you're feeling overwhelmed by problems in your life that you want to "escape" from. Snakes always represent fear. You're trying to dodge your problems and consequently find yourself accruing more and more anxiety. Sounds like there's some stuff you need to confront and work through.

I dreamt that I moved into a $700,000 dream home last night. Go me.

4. Jayce

Gold Member

That sounds pretty accurate, considering I've just been involved in a breakup and I am trying everything to get back together. Never looked at it that way.

5. HerHubby

HerHubby The SF Poet Laureate
    Gold Member

Yeah, I agree with Bluesy. I have read and heard several places that when you are being chased in your dreams, it usually means that you feel somehow threatened by your problems and may be trying to get away from them. Very normal although your dream was very colorful and interesting! Shows that you are very intelligent and very creative. You WILL master those snakes! You WILL overcome your fears and do GREAT things with your life! You are an OUTSTANDING young man with VAST potential!

6. John Keel

John Keel New Member

Is she pregnant? Or was there a pregnancy scare?

7. Jayce

Gold Member

No. Not at all. We split off on good terms and if all goes well we both want to get back together, she just needs space now with her college classes kickin her ass. It still got to me, though.. :(

By the way, I'm not afraid of snakes, as long as they're not poisonous. Which is odd because I directly remember these snakes in my dream being constrictor's, and they're not poisonous, and they weren't even that big in my dream. They were like simple 5 footers, nothing like the 22 foot burmese pythons I've seen in my time. Shiiiiiit those are scary. But the 4 and 5 footers weren't. *shrug*

But the crazy taxi man with the bow definitely scared the shit outa me.