my 4 year old knows how to masturbate

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by duck_of_funk, Sep 5, 2007.

1. duck_of_funk

duck_of_funk New Member

hi my 4 year old likes to masturbate a lot. he likes to hump instead of using his hand. I started noticing this about 4 weeks ago. i try my best to pretend that i can't see him doing it without making a big deal out of it. i'm not sure what to say and i don't want to discourage this bahavior by saying the wrong thing. from what i've seen he seems to only do this at home... no place else. but at home, he'll drop what ever hes doing and get on anything like its normal... the arms of the chair, table ends, pillows, you get the idea.

personally, i don't care where/when/how it occures, i just don't want him to do it infront of other people.. what should i saw to him?

2. aussiebloke

aussiebloke New Member

That's pretty much exactly what I used to do, starting at age 4 also. Except that somehow I knew then that it was something that you didn't want other people to see you doing, hence I never did it in front of my parents. Or anyone. That's actually a really tough situation you've got there; what exactly do you tell a kid who obviously doesn't know that what he's doing is "masturbating", and that it is generally a private act?

3. Barbwire

Gold Member

My son's been a humper since he was a few months old, no shit. He's 9 now and when he was about 5 I told him it was fine if he wanted to hump things, but I told him it was best if he had some "private time" in his own room when he did it.

4. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

Wow children these days are starting younger... I wonder is it a baby kicking inside a pregnant woman, or just the baby humping away ?

5. Dreama

Gold Member

Children are sexual beings, just as adults are. I would just advise him to take leave to his room for that.

6. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

Yeah, just tell him to do his "exercises" in his room. :p I've been slappin' it since the age of four myself.

7. Silent22

Silent22 New Member

Yah like other people have said. Let him know what hes doing is okay. But go to his room and keep it private. You dont want him humping things with friends over or any company. Could make for some embarassing moments :p

8. duck_of_funk

duck_of_funk New Member

i told my son that he should masturbate privately and he understood... which kind of amazes me because he's only 4... i was also starting to think about whether or not its okay to let my child... explore how/when/what he wants as long as he knows the boundaries/privacy issue? i'm not even sure i'm asking the right questions... i've never felt so awkward about any problem in life.

9. Barbwire

Gold Member

I hear ya man, like I said, my son is 9 and I DREAD the day I change his bed sheets and find "suspicious" stains. :eek

10. duck_of_funk

duck_of_funk New Member

hahaha! i bet. atleast our children are displaying sexual behavior healthily... i couldn't imagine having to talk to my child if he got caught rubbing up against something in school or something... is it also possible that spicific sexual behavior or "methods" that feel good might come genetically or something? because i used to prefer this over hand stim. haha.. i got caught in kindergarten once too. that sucked. =x atleast she never told my parents.

11. Buffalo204

Buffalo204 Member

Children understand so much more then we give then credit for. Just talk to him about it. He will understand.

12. jgood4u

jgood4u New Member

It just feels good to him

While he is going thru the motions that you are calling masturbating, he is attaching no sexual significance to his actions. He is just doing something that feels good to him (or her as the case might be). You need to exercise care so that he doesn't get the idea that part of his body is wrong for him to touch or explore, or is dirty. Maybe he just has an itch there, and needs to scratch it - did he pee in the poison ivy? Maybe you just ask him: "got an itch there?" and see how he replies and take it from there. :ugh While it probably is not a good idea to have him doing it in some public place, like a store or church, doing it around you can allow you to observe just how he is developing, and allow for you to be open to his questions later on.

What's to dread? the stains you are most likely to find would be from a nocturnal emission and not an active act of masturbation anyway. So what if he has an emission of semen? If it the typical nocturnal kind, he won't even know it happened. And if he does masturbate, why would that cause you any concern? He is just growing up in a most normal way.

Now, if you find blood stains after his girlfriend has just been in his room -- now you have concern :nerv !!

13. aussiebloke

aussiebloke New Member

Yea, true that. When BDSM gets out of hand it's definitely time to step in.