Music...

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 12barblues, Sep 7, 2012.

1. 12barblues

Gold Member

The Derek Trucks/ Susan Tedeschi band ......if you haven't given em a listen.....you should. Amazing guitar by trucks and a soulful bluesy voice from Tedeschi .....that's all.......carry on folks.....didn't mean to interrupt.

2. 12barblues

Gold Member

And if you can catch em playin w/ warren Haynes...so much the better...

3. sandwich

Gold Member

Hi there. I will definitely check that out. It's so funny that you started a music thread, because I am planning on starting a related thread in the next so many days. I play three instruments very well, one pretty crudely and have plans to attack my guitar playing brain fog before the end of the year. Also, I was the keyboard player in a jazz band in high school, and part of a singing trio. Writing music is my biggest passion, though. Sometimes I even dream songs, and I finally disciplined myself to keep a notebook by my bed so I could write them down.

I have taught myself to play the guitar four times but didn't stick with it long enough to have what I learned land in my long term memory banks, so every time it's practically like starting over. I can't remember all the chords, but it usually takes me a week to play by ear.

I would love to hear about the instruments you play, by the way.

4. 12barblues

Gold Member

Guitar and harmonica....sing a bit....but I just play for the fun of it....me and 3 of my old man buddys....being kids...lol

5. sandwich

Gold Member

I am not a professional musician either. Little miss did everything her parents told her to do did not go to music school because they said she would never be able to find a good job if she did that. So a few years ago my mom told me that my piano teacher told her that I was the only student she ever had that could make it as a concert pianist. I couldn't tell you why neither one of them ever passed that detail onto me. I do like my profession, though, and I am happy being a music hobbyist.

Thanks for the suggestion. I listened to three songs, and they were all very good...had never heard of them. They will probably end up on one of my iPods.

And it makes me wish the teens of today could appreciate some nice long instrumental work mixed in between instrumental/vocal sections. They have no idea what they're missing.

#5 sandwich, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2012