Music of the mood

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Thorn, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Thorn

Gold Member

Sometimes music can put me in a certain mood and other times my mood makes me choose what type music I want to listen to.

If I'm in a mellow mood I might put on soft rock or oldies. If I just finished a job and received a big check I'll come home with a couple six packs and put on some alt. rock, alt. metal, alt. punk, or post grunge. If I play Judas Priest or Alice In Chains Rose usually gets pissed or scared because I'm going to get on the other side of stupid drink if I'm not already.

I love R & B, Hip Hop, Traditional Cultural Music like Celtic, African, Zydeco, etc.

I can also sit on the back deck with no music at all and just dig my wife and Mother Nature and stuff. But music is so neat! I think God gave it to man.

2. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I usually try to match the music to the weather or the time of day. For example if I'm on my way to work I'll listen to some positive upbeat music to energize me. Only today on the way to work I felt more introspective because we had our first snow of the season, which I felt called for some Irish harp music.

On the way home I like to wind down by listening to some softer music, some mellow acoustic guitar, or even classical piano. My taste in music ranges all over.

3. Thorn

Gold Member

A girl after mine own heart. ;) I love just about all Irish music. I can see how it fit the snowy mood you were in Puss.

I can relate. Music is something God gave to us or at least It's a form of expression and emotion that is natural in man.

4. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Techno, Darkwave, Death Metal, Gothic, Neo-Classical, Classical, Rock, Blues, I think I've got a little bit of everything ... well except country and hip-hop. Most of my "pop" music is from the 70s, not a big fan of mainstream stuff any more.