"moving too fast in the bedroom"??

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by xxemmaleexx, Oct 20, 2010.

1. xxemmaleexx

xxemmaleexx New Member

I have been seeing a guy I like very much for a few weeks. We kissed for the first time last week and it was amazing. Since then, we hung out the other night and it was great, things were going well and he initiated doing more than kissing, which I was up for. However, when I went to reciprocate, he told me we were moving too fast.

I have never had a guy say this before to me (altho I have stopped many guys before- double standard?)- and I told him so. After this, it was semi-awkward but we continued to make out, which we have a lot of chemistry with so I enjoy doing it, but I was still a little taken aback.

Why did he initiate and then stop it so suddenly when it was my turn? Any advice would be appreciated. (we are in our late 20's)

2. HardRocker

Gold Member

Maybe he isn't ready yet. I can't guess why, since I know nothing about him, but for whatever reason it's possible his personal sensibilities overcame the throes of passion. Maybe he hasn't had enough time in just a few weeks to decide if he wants to have an intimate relationship.

3. xxemmaleexx

xxemmaleexx New Member

For some reason I'm thinking now that it might be because he didnt want to finish early and be embarassed. Possible?

4. Meee

Gold Member

Hi. Welcome. My humble opinion is don't worry about why. Just communicate more about what you both have in mind before you reach a surprise boundry. Though I'm sure your relationship can survive a few awkward moments anyway.

Oh, and yes, it's a double standard. Not that I'm criticizing--it's a very common one that's hard to escape. When a girl hesitates, people call her cautious. When a guy hesitates, people call him chicken.

5. Mittimer

Gold Member

Maybe he's ashamed of the junk he's hiding in the trunk. *Shrugs*

6. Godiva

Godiva Member

I was going to say the same as Mitt. Maybe you should ask him why, that would probably get you closer to the answer than what we can tell you.

7. xxemmaleexx

xxemmaleexx New Member

I did ask at that time.... he had a smile on his face but couldnt get the words out. i think i remember him asking me what i thought- which makes me think it was he didnt want to finish so fast the first time we do more than kiss!

8. hubbywubby

hubbywubby New Member

Maybe he was not feeling well but just did not want to sound like a wimp. I used to do that. Also I found that when I really liked a girl I want to slow down and not rush so much. I feel that too much sex is not good. Although I cant believe I'm saying this its only because I had a girl friend once that was a nymph. At first it was great. I felt like a dream come true. After a while it got old and I just was not into her as i was when i first met her. I though 3 times a day was what i wanted but it was kind of just good for the excessive. If we did not have sex 2 to 3 times a day she would think something was wrong. Not your case but it was mine. Anyway my next girl friend I took it slow. She thought there was something wrong but I did it because i liked her. Sounds weird. I just wanted things to be perfect and If I was tired or not feeling great I would ask her if we could just maybe go to dinner than come home and watch a movie together. Give it more time, and time will tell....

9. omniguy

omniguy New Member

He could have a lot of valid reasons. Maybe he was overly excited. Maybe he's worried about STDs or has one (sorry don't mean to worry you). Maybe he doesn't want to ruin a great thing. He could be insecure about his junk. ETC...