Mosquitos

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Meee, Aug 26, 2013.

1. Meee

Gold Member

Thanks to the landscaping (or lack of landscaping?) by the previous tenant, our backyard is recognized by the county as a "Certified Wildlife Habitat." This is not a joke.

With this...um...honor, however, comes mosquitos. When it was time to inaugurate our back yard (if you know what I mean), we had to spray ourselves with mosquito repellant. Lemon eucalyptus apparently. It worked, but we smelled like, well, lemon and/or eucalyptus, which doesn't happen to be one of our turn-ons. Neither does tasting like it, BTW.

None of this is the end of the world, but if you happen to have tips on sharing one's sexual playground with mosquitos, please share them here. Please share the tips, I mean. We already have more than enough mosquitos.

#1 Meee, Aug 26, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2013
  2. Mittimer

Gold Member

Buy a mosquito net and hang it from something. :)

3. HotForHoney

Gold Member

Full body stockings?

4. Texas_Red

Gold Member

They make sprays that attach to the end of a garden hose and spray a repellent mixture that works pretty well. My roommate did such a thing and sprayed it on the side of the house and such and it kept the mosquitoes away for a month+. Didn't reek like hell either. Pretty sure it's repellent enough that you wouldn't have to spray it on a deck or the lawn necessarily, the being on the house would create a decent barrier. Worth looking into, I'd think.

5. Trond

Gold Member

Once, when I was studying eagles on the west coast of Norway, I was being eaten alive by mosquitoes and black flies. They were so numerous I sometimes literally had to breathe through my teeth not to swallow them. My supervisor finally gave me a mosquito repellant that worked. It was made in Finland, and illegal in Norway due to some unspecified ingredients. Wish I could remember the name though I wouldn't recommend it under normal circumstances :). I also wish I was doing the same as you guys at the time. Just sayin' :D

6. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Burning mosquito coils or citronella oil lamps is a pleasant way of fending off those hungry females mossies :)
    Only females need blood for egg production whilst males only feed on plant juices.

7. almostthere

Gold Member

Tex has the right idea. I live in NC the skeeter is the state bird. For my sons party i sprayed the outside perimeter of the yard and it worked great. I sprayed it the day before then again the morning of.

Nothing worse than bites on ya balls

8. backcheck64

Gold Member

A fogger works the best. I live where mosquitos are a way of life, the fogger has worked the best by far. You can also eat a fair quantity of hot peppers and garlic and such, it actually makes you taste bad to the mosquitos.

9. darkdesire

darkdesire New Member

Just plant in the area alots of joss sticks and you wont see none of them.

10. biker061

Gold Member

another major key to mosquito control/abatement is to remove as much of their habitat as possible. i.e. standing water or persistent wet low spots in the yard, tall/thick grass & weeds. as another natural deterent bats are very happy to feast on the little devils, a bat house may help without the use of pesticides. mosquitoes are easy to kill one at a time but short of soaking the landscape with pesticides every time you go out the non-chemical measures provide better long term solution.

11. surreal_thoughts

Gold Member

You can get/use yard fog. Once you apply it, it lasts for about 20 days or so. Just don't over apply if S/O is very concerned about the grass :lol

12. Cappy_Dick

Gold Member

A pleasant way to ward off skeeters, believe it or not, are certain bath oils. Find a local Avon Rep and order a product called "SKIN SO SOFT" bath oil. You can either bathe with this in the bath water, or apply it directly to the skin. The aroma is pleasant to most and safe for anyone not allergic to general cosmetics ingredients. It really does work.

xx

13. lbushwalker

Gold Member

This has been one of the most interesting threads on :sf for a very long time :)

14. biker061

Gold Member

even if it's a bit off topic :lol

15. Meee

Gold Member

Thank you all for your replies. We will be trying your suggestions. Probably all of them.

I count four references to sex in my original post. Possibly more, depending on how dirty your mind is. :shifty

16. lbushwalker

Gold Member

It's filthy ;)

17. newbe

newbe New Member

if you put up a bat box, once you get bats you will not ever have to worry about any flying bugs again?