mood for masturbating

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by newlywedmellisa, Jan 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. newlywedmellisa

newlywedmellisa New Member

Hi I read in a magazine that masturbating will help you achieve orgasms. I have only tried to masterbate once and I stopped , I felt weird guilty and stupid . I just posted a thread in sex and tips but for those who did not read it , I dont think I ever had a orgasm from intercourse and like I said before I read masturbation can help. Ok my questions for those WOMAN out there . Do you set up a mood or a romantic scene to get yourself in the mood to masturbate . Like what makes you just masturbate. I know you can get aroused but what makes you say , " oh I need to masturbate" . Where do you usually masturbate , are different positions better than others . Please again I am not a perverted woman here, just trying to learn to make sex with my husband better .

Thanks

Mellisa

2. ps-

ps- New Member

Try again. Sit back, and let your feelings take you away.

You can do it anywhere really. Be creative.

:)

3. Logger

Gold Member

Climax for Women

Do a search for Slightest Touch. There are patches to put on your legs that will get you ready.

I have seen ads for a Vulva Massage Tape. I have not viewed it, but I have always found my wife's pubic mound receptive. I usually start massaging the public mound. I had not relaized that the vulva was sensive to stimulation along the thighs. I have recently been massaging my wife's vulva from the side of her legs. My wife is sensitive around the clitoris, and is not ready for clit contact until ready to come.

Can you guide your husband's hands to get you going? I use vaseline, and I clip my wife's hairs short. When my wife is watching TV, or relaxing, I just start getting her going. Have you initiated mutual massage? Do you know to gab the skin low, and be gentle going up, but slamming down feels good?

Logger

4. Kelly

Kelly New Member

Melissa, I'm assuming you're talking about non-mutual masturbation...

It's not possible to beat Logger's advice (considering his source), but I'll let you know a bit about how I masturbate. Be warned though: masturbating is addicting - it takes a while to get started, but once you're hooked, you're hooked! It's quite fun, and satisfying, though.

Step 1 (optional): Log onto this site and stare at this smiley face :brow for ten seconds.

2: Find a quiet, secluded place where you'll have some privacy (hard for me, living on a crowded college campus; but I manage)

3: A romantic mood does help: I use candles, and (portable) mirrors when I can. I like using scented flowers sometimes as well.

4: Get nekkid. Look at yerself in the mirror. If that doesn't turn you on go see a psychiologist. Include your husband in your thoughts.

5: Do the deed. Position is a matter of preference, and so is technique. I like masturbating on my hands and knees, but then I'm young! I start out with the clit and then move deeper, just using my fingers. But you'll have to discover your own method. Like ps- said, be creative and inventive.

6: Come back to this site and TELL US ABOUT IT! So we can get all HORNY and masturbate OURSELVES!!! :dgrin ;)

5. innerwildwoman

innerwildwoman New Member

I accidentally discovered it as a kid by rubbing against the bed face down. Then I found putting my hand between me and the bed made it more intense. For a long time, that was the way I'd masturbate until I bought a vibrator. Then I started masturbating face up, lying back. I've since tried sitting, standing and other positions.

I usually don't have to set a mood to masturbate because I'll generally start feeling aroused and then masturbate. But you might want to have some wine and play some music to get yourself in the mood. If you're shy or uncomfortable, you may want to go w/candlelight or dim lighting. Pick a time when you have a lot of time (say at least an hour) and privacy. If you don't have a vibrator, you might want to start off w/a "personal massager" or a bullet vibrator. Get comfortable and start imagining something that turns you on. Then you can start w/the vibrator or your hands. In the shower, if you have a shower massage, that's fun too. And hey who can feel dirty while in the shower ;)

6. justagirl

justagirl New Member

Well do u have certain thoughts that turn you on? Are there certain things that make you feel better than others that your husband might do to u during sex? Focus on these kinds of thoughts. Maybe you are aroused by being in control during sex, maybe u like to be dominated. Anything goes, they are your thoughts, no one else will see them. Dont be afraid to figure out whats really at the root of your arousal. I found that once i figured out what arouses me psychologically, masturbating was much easier and orgasms were much more intense.

7. free2Bme

free2Bme New Member

Masturbation moods

Hey, masturbation can absolutely help you reach orgasm but most importantly it will help you learn about yourself and what your body responds best to, how to relax and enjoy the sensations of erotic touch and will most likely improve your sex life with your partner. I know it did for me!!! I was in the same boat you were a few years ago, I felt like it was wrong to masturbate and I felt like something was wrong with me because I couldn't orgasm during intercourse. I got a vibe, decided to take some time to relax and explore and WOW, it was worth it. I now own a website that sells adult toys and novelties. I'm a medical professional and have read some research on the overall health benefits of masturbation and orgasm, not to mention the emotional benefits for your relationship. Now, when I get in the mood to orgasm or just get close, I just do it. My husband enjoys masturbating with me and he doesn't feel pressure anymore to make me "reach the peak". Most women require more than just vaginal stim, you can orgasm from vaginal and/or clitoral stim. My website offers a huge array of stuff to try that will do both or either. Feel free to e-mail through the site if you have any more questions, I'd be glad to offer some product suggestions and/or advice. Open your mind and enjoy the rewards! Don't ever feel guilty for feeling good! ;)

www.nightstandnovelties.com What's In Your Nightstand...?

8. Lucrezia

Lucrezia New Member

Mellisa,

I'm rather like another poster said; I don't need to get myself in the mood as I masturbate when I feel aroused, and that's quite a lot of the time :D
    I also orgasm easy whilst making love. Yes, I think that masturbating could help you learn about your body, and what turns it on.......even what may lead it to orgasm during sex. But most women do not have orgasm during sex unless their clitoris is stimulated. For me, clitoral stimulation can be a little too much and it's easier for me during sex with my partner.

Have you tried some erotic literature?

Have you tried different positions during sex? Is your partner giving you foreplay? Does he arouse you? What happens if you are already feeling aroused.....do you come close to the big "O"?

These are all questions to ask yourself. There is no right and wrong way, and we are all different. ;)

One thing I can tell you is that IF you had an orgasm during sex, you would definitely know it.

Practice, practice................lol....

Good Luck!
    -Lucy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.