mono question

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by johnny1234, Feb 23, 2007.

1. johnny1234

johnny1234 New Member

I know this probably isnt the right place to post this but im not sure where else to put it.

Anyway, I have had mono for a little over 2 weeks now and my symptoms are beginning to clear up. When I first started getting fevers and other symptoms I thought that I just had a cold, and I kissed my gf a lot, so she probably has it now.

Here is my question: When my gf starts to show symptoms, will I get the virus again if I kiss her? I mean, will my body be immune to it since I just got over that exact illness, or will I just get sick again? I fear this will lead to a never ending chain of us reinfecting eachother....

2. Logger

Gold Member

Maybe you can kiss exchanging less saliva.

My wife is not into french kissing, so I can go weeks without exchanging saliva.

I stick my tounge into her large muscles to satisfy my urge to kiss.

search curezon. com

What to you need to do to keep your GF satisfied and satiated?

3. Bella

Gold Member

I'm not really sure because I have never had it.

I know Mononucleosis is believed to spread through saliva. If you're infected, you can help prevent spreading the virus to others by not kissing them and by not sharing food, dishes, glasses and utensils until several days after your fever has subsided and even longer, if possible.

The Epstein-Barr virus may persist in your saliva for months after the infection. If you've had mononucleosis, don't donate blood for at least six months after the onset of the illness.

To be sure, I would consult with my physician.
    ~Bella