Mobile phones. how much do you pay ?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Englishman, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Englishman

Verified Gold Member

I was just wondering how much we all pay for our mobile phones around the world.

At the moment i pay £15.00 = $22.60 a month. Thats for sim only 2gb data 4000 mins call time and unlimited text.

I'm thinking of getting a iPhone 6s Plus. And that would cost about £50.00 = $75.20 A month on a 2 year contract.

2. pool_shark

pool_shark Active Member

I pay retail for mine. I don't want a contract and want the freedom of leaving the carrier anytime I want with no fees.
    My Note 5 was $762.

3. CLE32793

Verified Gold Member

Too much. I did the pay for your phones over two years and we do not have a contract but the bill is $50 more monthly. We have the galaxy s5. We get unlimited streaming and E gets 1GB and I get 3GB ( I'll be reducing that today). With all the jacked up bullshit fees our $120 plan ends up $193 (including phone payments)

4. biker061

Gold Member

1. We buy phoines direct and use StraightTalk, $50 per line each month, unlimited talk text and 5g high speed. My Galaxy5s copy was $65 online & mrsbiker has a second hand iPhone from a friend that cost $100.

5. Sweetlysad

Verified Gold Member

I think we are over $300 a month at this point. Muliple smart phones we are paying for 3 iPhone 6. We get 30GB data which roles over we often when over on our data when we only had 10GB and had to pay addition costs.

6. Sleepless

Sleepless Member

3 Mobile: 2 Gb data, 600 minutes, unlimited texts, plus generous 3 to 3 minutes because I'm on my OH's account. £28 pcm, due to renew Jul / Aug, at which point I'll go for the best available Samsung, for which I may well pay a supplement towards the next one up.

7. fbbg

Gold Member

£8 ($10-12) per month sim only and bought my Samsung s5 outright. Think I have 1gb data and unlimited texts unlimited calls per month.

8. Dog_E_Ryder

Gold Member

we pay over 200 a month for 3 phones. 2 LG smart phones for me and my wife and one no frills el cheapeo I got for my mom who doesn't even text little long use the internet, nationwide, unlimited text and just 3 gig internet. Too damn much! if straight talk would work here I throw these pieces of shit as far as I could throw them.

CLE32793 likes this.
  9. nerox

nerox New Member

My sim only is £15 per month for 2gb data and unlimited minutes and text.

I bought a Chinese android phone for £150 from eBay (new, including import fees and vat) (can now be sourced from uk sellers for £120 all in) and honestly its the best phone I've ever owned, when my friend tell me they paid £500-£600 for a branded handset, I feel embarasssed for them

10. Nixie

Gold Member

Haha, I'm the same - I pay fuck all for my mobile connection each month, and own the HTC phone I use (okay it was given to me as a gift). So yeah, if I pay a tenner in a month it's an expensive month, haha. :) xx

11. sensless

Gold Member

I buy my phones paying full price. My last one was bought only weeks ago, a note 4, and it cost 490 euros.

As for calling, I use prepaid phone cards and spend about 100 euros/year.