Mittimer's in the hospital? No way!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Mittimer, Dec 21, 2010.

1. Mittimer

Gold Member

Yes way guys, yes way and I have been since Sunday afternoon. (for those of you out of the US, it's now Tuesday @5:31 am when I'm writing this) This all started out with a lowly Urinary Tract Infection LAST Sunday (12.12) and I was put on antibiotics for that, burning went away, shit was fantastic.

Thursday(12.16)night, Friday(12.17) morning rolls around and I have the strangest most annoying pain I'd had in my life. I wanted to go to the Urgent Care Clinic but it didn't open till 9am, so I ended up crashing on the couch in a bearable position, Ian letting me sleep after a particularly sleepless night and by the time I'd woken up, the pain had all but gone away. Or so I thought. The pain had actually moved itself to my upper abdominal area, cleverly disguising itself as gas bubbles or some other random unwomanly shit on my part.

I spent the next two days thinking I had the stomach flu, with the same mild abdominal tightness, very little pain but running a fever and throwing up. Over the course of Friday(12.17) morning, afternoon until Sunday(12.19) morning, the little to no pain but nausea & vomiting. Self medicate with pepto! Yeah, no, that turned out NOT to be the wisest idea. Sunday(12.19) mid morning the pain in my left side came back with a wicked wicked vengeance on me. I spent the early afternoon in a hot tub as that was the only thing that kept me from vomiting in sheer pain. I then went over after I was able to somewhat move, to the Urgent Care Facility. They saw my pain, my area of complaint and sent me to the ER right away.

Once in the ER, with a couple dozen people ahead of me, I signed in at Triage, they gave me a cup to take a piss in and within 10 minutes, they had me filling out my ER papers and taking my insurance (or lack there of) information down. (That's something I'll get to in a moment) My cup was sent right away down to the lab and they were taking my vitals as this was being done. My temp was elevated, my pain was very elevated, my BP was up due to the pain being so bad. It was all just a pretty shitty situation. Though, from the time I signed in at Triage to the time they had me back in an Emergency *Room*, was only about 20 minutes.. The ER doctor ordered me to get a CT scan of my kidneys to make sure I didn't have kidney stones. I did not. The urine sample came back with a very VERY (their words not mine) bad kidney infection. They then took a blood sample (or 5 as the case may have been) hooked me up to an IV with a quick drip of an antibiotic, a nausea medication, a saline + potassium solution and a wonder pain medication that for the first time in days took away all form of pain that I had. It was nice.

Maybe 15 minutes later, the doctor walked in and dropped on me like a fairly uncool bombshell, that he found cysts on my kidneys. Many. On both. Informed me that it was called “Poly Cystic Kidney Disease” and asked if I had a family history of it. Yeah, my Dad. “Well, I'm having you admitted, we need to run some more tests on you and keep an eye on you.” Between the waiting room, my scans, allowing my IV drip to finish before moving, I had in the ER for no more then 2 1/2 hours before they moved me up to a permanent room. Quick timing. Sunday evening until now, Tuesday morning, I've been poked, “patted”, thudded, gelled, ultra sounded, scanned, poked some more, figured out I'm allergic to one of their tapes and gotten up to go pee more times then I can count on all my god forsaken fingers, toes and every other appendage I have!

I'm on 1000ML CONSTANT drip of Saline/Potassium mix solution. The bags run for 8 hours at a time, the IV machine screams, they bring another bag. I'm on my 3rd bag of antibiotics. My white blood cell count (the nasty cells) were elevated from a level 7(normal/acceptable) to a level 17 (totally unacceptable) when they admitted me. 3 bags of meds is lowering it a bit. It's now at a 12, or was at my last blood test. My pain came back full force last night and I asked for some pain medication which allowed me for the first time since Saturday(12.18) to get a small amount of sleep. I got 2 hours, better then nothing. I'm actually getting back that way now. I just wanted to update you all. I'll give you more when my medication isn't trying to make me sleep. Ask any question you see fit, I'll try to answer to the best of my knowledge. For the record, Mittimer is “OK” you're suck with this bitchy gal for a while.

#1 Mittimer, Dec 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2010
  2. Mittimer

Gold Member

Shit. I'm sorry about the non sentence breaks. The proxy I'm on brashed it all together.

3. Texas_Red

Gold Member

No idea on how you had it originally formatted, but here's a bit of a break up to make it easier on the eyes for everyone:

Thanks TR....I've moved it up to the top of the page.....

#3 Texas_Red, Dec 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2010
  4. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

I'm so sorry to hear of your ordeal Mitt.....:ugh
    Hoping that all comes good for you soon.....real soon ok...:)

5. Silverback

Silverback Member

Gutted for you. I hope you're on the mend very soon.

6. luvbug

Gold Member

OMG!! I hope you feel better soon!!

7. htoad

htoad Active Member

Try to rest and get well soon, Mitt!

8. Dragon_Fire

Gold Member

Sorry to hear of your illness, Mittimer. I hope you're back to normal soon.

9. daver

daver New Member

Good luck, Mitt... Hope the worst is over for you.

I don't know what part of Florida you're in, but they do have some of the best medical facilities anywhere. Get well soon!

10. Beach

Beach New Member

wow ! crazy what shit life throws at a person one day to the next!
    hurry and get better.. you got stuff to do !

11. awakened

awakened New Member

Oh Mitt, I am so sorry you are having to go through this, please keep us updated on your recovery. Next time I go pee I will think of you, LoL.

12. SWGirl

SWGirl New Member

Wow. A shitty workday doesn't seem nearly as bad now. I'm so sorry for you. Please be better as soon as you can.

13. sinner

sinner New Member

Get well soon. Hope your feeling better for Christmas.

14. HardRocker

Gold Member

Hi Mitt. So sorry all this has hit you so hard. You have my extreme sympathy. I've done the holidays in the hospital too, and I know how it sucks.
    Get well,
    HR.

15. bigcountry069

bigcountry069 New Member

dito to get well. in a hurry!

16. igor

Gold Member

All the best Mitt. Shitty luck not to be home this time of year. Hope it gets taken care of quickly.

17. Dino

Dino Member

All the best for a speedy recovery! Don't forget to steal the towels when you leave! (or is that after Hotel visits...)

18. Jonger84

Jonger84 New Member

Get well soon girl ;)

19. johndeeregirl

johndeeregirl New Member

hope you get better soon!

20. DarkJewel

DarkJewel New Member

Hope you get well and feel better soon