[Ask a Girl] Missing the bleeding obvious............!

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by somhairle, Mar 14, 2012.

1. somhairle

somhairle Well-Known Member

For guys or girls..............

Ok, in an effort to get some discussions going during an incredibly quiet period here, I'm starting this.

The idea is to post details of those situations where you have failed to pick up some outrageous flirting or approach..........a missed opportunity. I think I have mentioned something about this to some members here, so they at least will know what I'm talking about. I know that I have several occasions in my life when I have 'missed the bleeding obvious' and regret it now.

So here is one of mine.........

I used to work with a female colleague. We shared the same office and became really friendly. A ot of 'flirty banter' would be exchanged and I remember times when I would give her a lift to a meeting and she would hint at me touching her leg and eventually when I did so accidentally, she would make a thing about it. I remember when we were out in the car being parked outside another colleagues home an that person watching us through her window. My 'friend' then suggested that we give her a show and began cuddling in the car. However, the most obvious was when we worked in a small room with several other people. On one occasion, for some reason, I invited her to sit on my lap..........despite there being others in the room. She did so. And this became a regular thing between us. However, it did become more daring and I would ask her to sit on my lap when I knew I was aroused. She would do so and grind her bum into me. Others in the office knew this was happening and just laughed.

The at a Christmas party, the mistletoe started some heavy kissing which continued without the help of the mistletoe. Eventually, that night she told me she was going to the bathroom and I wondered why she did not return for some time. When she did, she was pretty frosty towards me and things were pretty cool between us after that.

It actually wasn't for some time after it that I realised that she had been waiting for me to follow her out of the room that evening for some more intimate attention.

So.........that gives you the idea. Anyone else want to own up to a 'near miss'?

2. xeniadraven

Gold Member

Thats quite a story!! That seemed pretty obvious to me and i'm sure it does to you know with the power of hindsight!

The main near miss i had was thanks to the lack of condoms - if things had been different i would have at least lost my virginity to someone who genuinely cared about me instead of a complete dickhead who used me for over a year.

No raunchy story to it, just one of those things.

Also had a funny miss moment with my OH when we were in our early dating years. I was very drunk at the time and he called me from the other side of the bar we were in so i did a comedy style slow-mo run to him and instead of falling gracefully into his lap............ i fell like a sack of shit onto the floor.

Wasnt the greatest moment i have to admit.

3. 12barblues

Gold Member

was at a party ....all were drinking...a woman walked up to me with a chippendales type guys thong in her hand......she looked me right in the eye...grabbed my crotch, and while basically holding my cock in her hand , said, "i wonder how this would look on you...?" to this day, i still have no idea what she was after.....:eyes

4. mikeh

mikeh New Member

When I was a teenager I was a mod and used to go to the same mod/ scooter club every Saturday night with my club. As you do we got to know everyone in there from different clubs and there was one girl who every bloke drooled over but in the end no one would try anything as she always turned them down.

One night I was sitting down talking when she came up, sat on my lap and started stroking my back, smiling at me. I just looked at her in shock and did nothing. Everyone we was with saw this, then she stood up completely embarrased and would never speak to me again. Turned out she's fancied me since she first saw me which was why she wouldn't go out with anyone else and it took her ages to get up the courage to do anything. I manage to break her heart without going out with her.

5. somhairle

somhairle Well-Known Member

Awww, that's a sad one too........ :(