missing my boyfriend

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by miss mary, May 7, 2007.

1. miss mary

miss mary New Member

anyone else in a long distance relationship?? let's commisserate (sp?)

well i am in a new relationship, (together 2 months) and he lives on the other side of the country. ok bulgaria is a small country, but those mountains are a fucking bitch. it takes me 10 hours by bus to get to him (no car.) when we met he lived 20 min away by car, those were the days, now he has gone home for the summer season and won't be living here again til november. anyway he is the cutest, sexiest, greatest guy i have met in a year living in this country.

i think all this wine is making me miss him... i had a couple glasses with dinner (bulgarian red wine is awesome) and then just decided to keep going... no i don't do that often...

anyway who else here has an SO they don't see often?? let's swap stories... misery loves company...

2. LaVitaDolce

LaVitaDolce New Member

Well I personally do not have this sort of relationship, but my best friend does. Her boyfriend lives a few states away and they only get to see each other every so often. But they also have an open relationship so they date around until they see each other again. I guess it works for them because they've been together for almost 6 years.

3. emerlyj

emerlyj New Member

I'm in a long distane relationship too. I have been with him on and off for 3 years and we live 300 miles apart (i am in uni he's from back home).
    Its really tough to cope with. I am lucky to see him once in 3 months. But sometimes it seems easier to not see him because seeing him just reminds me how much i miss him :(

4. CFriis

CFriis New Member

I met the love of my life in a filesharing-program's chatroom. I think it's almost two years ago now. She already had a boyfriend, but we just talked at that point, so it seemed innocent enough. Soon talking became flirting, and flirting became something more. Now I'm in a relationship with the most wonderful girl in this solar system, who just happens to be living in England, while I'm living in Denmark.
    Heh... I even still have a present for her right here on my desk, that I got her a year ago, and I'm still dieing to give it to her.
    She's also on this forum (she was the one who told me about this place), so if she feels like revealing more details, I'll let her do that.

5. isthatright

isthatright New Member

I tried it but it didn't work.

6. BiBiBaby

BiBiBaby New Member

my bf and I were 5 hours apart when we first started dating. It can be SO very hard, I understand. My recommendation is get a webcam and microphone so that you can talk over the internet and be able to see eachother. It helps a suprising ammount.

also, try to go visit. its a long trip, but alternate? he comes to see you then in a few weeks you go see him.

7. Silent22

Silent22 New Member

me and my girlfriend have been going out for a year now. we live 5 hours apart and it gets really tough sometimes, but to me it just makes the next time I see her that much more special. we see each other probably 5 days out of a month. Plus having a long distance on your phone is an amazing help.

8. Lacy_Knickers

Lacy_Knickers New Member

My boyfriend is a long way away from me in the US (I'm in the UK), so I can sympathise. We've been together for a year and a few months. The occasional spat but overall very smooth. I suppose we get through by talking on msn and using webcam regularly, and texting each (I love a naughty text message). Oh, and masturbation.

We've been with each other in person 4 glorious times in this year. Usually for a few weeks each time. My parents know about the relationship and are happy to encourage it and pay for my flights, so that helps a lot too.