miscarriage???

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Mossive, Nov 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mossive

Mossive New Member

what causes them??? is it true that the womans diet is a big factor??? ladies what have you heard causes them i.e. certain foods or pills.....a friend of mine miscarried from morphine pills.....

2. Logger

Gold Member

Miscarriages can be caused by a number of factors. It sounds like an over-simplification to say that morphine pills cause a miscarriage. Many women have had babies who have been strung out on heroin. So there were probably some other factors, besides Morphine pills.

Diet in the early weeks of pregnancy is important for fetal brain development. Alcohol, even in small amounts, has been shown to have adverse effects causing various degrees of learning disabilities.

Miscarriages can be induced by drugs, in early stages of fetal develpment. RU-486. Miscarriages occur naturally, if the woman's body rejects the pregnancy.

The interaction between mind, sprit and body, is a matter of religious and medical debate.

Women can be healthy, for themselves, but increased levels of some vitamins and minerals are needed for optimal health and development of the fetus in a pregnancy.

Do you have specific questions?

Blessings

3. BiBiBaby

BiBiBaby New Member

miscarraiges can be caused by misfertilization of the egg. when in the crossing over stage of meiosis sometimes not all the essential genes are transfered on to offspring. that can cause a what is sometimes referred to as 'spontanious abortion'

my doc said my miscarraige could have been caused by something like that or stress

4. Logger

Gold Member

Dear BiBiBaby,

Thanks for your doctor's comments. I have heard that phraseology before, about genes. Once an ambilical cord is formed, I would imagine that contactions, of some magnitude, would be necessary to create a miscarriage.

The onset of contractions, can be caused by several circumstances.

1. The Mother's body subconsciously senses a defect with the fetus, and subconsciously starts the sequence of contractions, which ends when the womb is sensed to be empty, which is when the abortion is complete. The perception of imperfections in the fetus by the mother's subconscious may be accurate, or inaccurate.

2. Some combination of stress, drugs or impacts to the mother, may signal to the subconscious mind of the mother, that it is time to begin contractions. The contractions begin, and the fetus is aborted. Contractions naturally end when the womb is sensed to be empty.

If a woman senses that she is beginning labor too early, there are drugs that are available that can stop the progression of contractions. Sometimes a woman has had a sonogram, so she has some information on the presence or absence of abnormalities in her fetus, and can make a consciously informed decision on whether to cancel the miscarriage.

I intend to give the issue further thought.

Blessings

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.