Mini cooper 500bhp

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Kronnie, Jun 30, 2007.

1. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

The car was equally as impressive on the drag strip. The MINI USA/FTR dragster as the “World’s Fastest MINI” is potent, with the turbo, supercharged and nitrous powered MINI Cooper S dragster pulling a best-time of 11.26 seconds at 121.26 miles per hour in the quarter-mile run.

MINI USA provided FTR with a carbon-fibre bodied, 1700lb MINI Cooper S with the John Cooper Works kit and a supply of parts and accessories to create the 500 horsepower, twin-charged drag monster. Hollywood car designer and constructor Fireball Tim (Lawrence), and partner, import drag racer and tuner, Hubie Fuh built the show-stopping MINI dragster. The two specialize in creating all forms of extreme, record-setting street and race cars

At the Hot Import Nights in Phoenix, Arizona this fall, the extreme MINI beat 300 competitors to win the “Best Engineered” award with its polished under-hood hardware and eye-catching graphics. The MINI USA/FTR creation also made its drag strip debut this fall and has appeared at select events over the last several months, including SEMA in Las Vegas, NV, the NHRA Sport Compact World Finals in Pomona, CA, Hot Import Nights in Phoenix AZ and Hot Import Nights in Los Angeles, CA.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

NOW THATS SOME FAST MINI LMAO

2. catman99

catman99 New Member

Sweet

3. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

Thanks for the comment ( i thought for a mini this could could some serious ass on the drag strip )

4. Adramalech

Adramalech New Member

With times like that and the power to weight ratio, that thing must have some SERIOUS transitional issues. That car should be in the 9s. Supercharger AND spray to spool the turbo, yet it's only mid-11s. Something aint right there.

5. phil_uk

phil_uk New Member

Sick car.. I'm thinking of buying a super7....

6. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

wel im no pro with drag strip racing but that still seems very fast to me....maybe you should write to them and tell then what they are doing wrong.....

but 11 secs for a 1/4 mile thats doing some for a little mini hehe

but i think its fair to say the two that sorted this min out have a vast knowledge of what theyare doing

The two specialize in creating all forms of extreme, record-setting street and race cars.

Im not sure how many records you hold m8, but seems these two hold a few .. :)

At the Hot Import Nights in Phoenix, Arizona this fall, the extreme MINI beat 300 competitors to win the “Best Engineered” award with its polished under-hood hardware and eye-catching graphics. The MINI USA/FTR creation also made its drag strip debut this fall and has appeared at select events over the last several months, including SEMA in Las Vegas, NV, the NHRA Sport Compact World Finals in Pomona, CA, Hot Import Nights in Phoenix AZ and Hot Import Nights in Los Angeles, CA.

#6 Kronnie, Jul 16, 2007
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2007
  7. Stormy

Stormy New Member

I'm a Jag woman myself. XKR model. But the Minis are great!

8. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

jags def look hot hehe :)

for some reason i do prefer the old type jags though something kinda mean looking about them

9. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

I will have to agree that mid 11 is fast for that type of car.
    But thats only hype.
    Who in hell would drive it at 90mph on an Inerstate Highway

Hiker

10. Adramalech

Adramalech New Member

Only thing I can think of is the gearing in the trans, and traction issues. But hell, they had a 300hp Acura go 9s. Evos with 400hp, stock turbo, and full interior have gone 11s. Sure it's AWD, but it's also pretty damn heavy. Just doesn't sound right to me. And my record? I've gone 7s. :dgrin

11. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

well then you should be writing books on it m8, and teching those how to do it :)

if your that good they would probably take you on full time..

12. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

Watch a film called the bourne indentity
    Hiker...

if i could fit in the drivers seat ( my legs always felt well cramped in minis hehe, id give that car a go

13. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

I have watched the Bourne Idenity.
    A movie has nothing to do with reality.

Hiker

14. Adramalech

Adramalech New Member

404 Sarcasm not found.

15. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

not sarcasm :) but if you can pull 7secs on the 1/4mile ( and your the ones thats fitted and tuned your car ....then thats fucking amzing , and i am sure they would appreciat the help.

no bad intensions meant ....im not a drag strip racer or a street racer....you are so youd know more than me.....i had just though that speed and time was pretty god for the mini, and to beat 300 other racers that seemed pretty sweet to me to

16. Adramalech

Adramalech New Member

These cars were RWD, which is why I said for a FWD car it might have traction issues.

And there is something off with that number. Some calculations suggests that the mini if crossing at 6500rpm with a 16" tire with the 1700lb weight and 500bhp, that car should be hitting 8.79 @ 155.68mph, a 5.6sec 1/8th, with an ideal gear ratio of 1.99. So my main guess would be the trans since those are more track cars with shorter gears and maybe running out of gear 3/4 way down the track or so. But like I said, it's just a guess.

17. GreyGoose

Gold Member

Crazy... Would have been nice if the Mini was RWD though.

18. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

F1 Racing car wonder what times that would pull.... :p

But this mini is still the fastest i have come across....( wonder what the top end is ...)

19. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I always thought it would be cool to own a Mini...ever since I watched the movie, "The Italian Job"...:)

20. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

Have you watched the "Bourne identity"

The italian job was a sorted film ( prefered the original version though with Micheal Caine )

That uses a mini throught the streets of france.....sweet chase in it, shows just what a mini was made for