Mildly Concerned.. Had Sex Dream about Mutual Friend Who Fixed Up Me and New Boyfriend

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Mousey85, Jan 29, 2014.

1. Mousey85

Mousey85 New Member

Basically last night I had a sex dream about a friend, and it's kinda concerning me. In the dream the sex was extremely spontaneous but it concerns me because I was the one who initiated. My new boyfriend and I are only a month into the relationship and we've both told each other we're content in taking it slow. Could this dream mean the opposite, or that I have latent feelings for the other person? So, yeah, I realize it only happened last night so I'm probably blowing it out of proportion, but the thing is:

(a) I attacked the guy last week for labeling me the other guy's girlfriend to tease him
    (b) there's certain ways I behave with the guy that I blow off as it "just being the dynamic of our friendship" (eg. trying on lingerie in front of him and it not really being anything off my back, stealing his boxers, having incredibly flirtatious hours' long PM exchanges on Facebook, etc)
    (c) I want to avoid at all cost bringing it up to him or the new boyfriend, even though we've(both pairs of me and the guy I had the dream about, and myself, and the new bf) had extremely candid conversations regarding sex/sexuality.

And most certainly last but NOT least,

(d) as the title states the guy is a friend of both myself and my boyfriend and the one who put us together.

2. AGFUNK

Gold Member

You're thinking about it too much. It's just a dream.

3. Mousey85

Mousey85 New Member

Yeah, but what would interpretation state about the fact that I was the one who initiated it?

4. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Dreams are not literal but more symbolic in nature.
    If you want to delve into the meaning try to figure out;
    a) do you want to initiate something in real life (it might not be sexual even) that you consider might may be a little unacceptable or risqué
    b) Was this friend real and if so what do they represent to you rather than just that person.
    As I said it is the symbols in the dream that is the real message and not the dream as such.
    Either ways if you did enjoyed the noctunal experience why worry?

5. Mousey85

Mousey85 New Member

Yeah the symbolism is what I'm getting at. I highly doubt it's that I'm bored with the level of physical intimacy because like I say, we've only been dating for a month. I just wonder what the spontaneity of it all could symbolize more than anything.

6. Hot Wheels

Gold Member

It really sounds like your over analyzing it to me....
    Your friends with both of them.....so go with the flow and see where it leads....;)

7. shashtzoh

I think dreams are just dreams and interpreting them is probably not a good idea. I have had all sorts of weird dreams and I dont think the science for knowing what a dream is could be held in very high esteem. I hope I dont offend anyone by saying that it is just my impression. But if you decide you are going to fantasize awake about this happening then that is different.

8. boobjob

Verified Gold Member

Dreams are waking images put together by the brain in random order. Don't read too much into it.