Men and Women--what makes a great lover?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by happy, Jul 6, 2007.

1. happy

happy Banned

I hear people say, 'He is the best lover I've ever had.' What exactly makes them the "greatest lover" is it the dick or connections you make while making love or both??

2. Bluesy

Gold Member

How skilled he is...if he knows how to touch, where, for how long, what to say, how to say it...most importantly, if he pays attention to body language and picks up on the non-verbal cues. To a woman, a "good lover" knows his way around a woman! How to balance romance with sensuality with raw sexuality...like Casanova or Don Juan. Connection is very important, of course, but some guys are just very talented, and I'm sure they're the type that hold women in high esteem and get a real high off of satisfying a woman! He has to be a gentleman and scoundrel combined...like your classic romance novel hero. If you really want to know what a woman wants, read the best-selling romance novels!

3. SexyScorp

Gold Member

A man that can read my mind :)

4. Redspades

Redspades New Member

All that pretty much looks like me, its my model description, Bluesy:p

Personally, I like the women that knows when to laugh (hahah), is intelligent (over the rest!), is cute (we hope), and that's got some experience in the bed :)

Honesty is also something rare and beautifull, I know when I recognize it...

5. Bluesy

Gold Member

The perfect man really does exist! ;) Very mature, enlightened response, btw!

6. Redspades

Redspades New Member

Word mature is something I finally discovered recently..at the age of 20. yep :)
    (aint even kiddin)

7. TeachMe1985

TeachMe1985 New Member

Well said Bluesy! Nothing more sexier than a man who knows what you want. hm...

8. scorpio_nymph

scorpio_nymph New Member

communication makes a great lover. knowing what the other person wants and likes. best to discuss beforehand.

9. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

Passionate.
    Uninhibited.
    Unselfish.
    Fun-loving.
    Sexually savvy/creative.

Back in my horn-dog days I drove across country for a real-time meeting with a gal I was somewhat involved with on the internet. As I'd driven all night, I checked into the hotel as early as I could, told the desk to give a key to Mrs. X when she arrived, then called the gal and told her I was there and would be taking a nap, but she could come on in whenever she wanted to.

I showered and crawled under the covers, and about an hour later I heard the key in the door. I pretended to be asleep, just to see what she'd do. Much to my delight, she undressed and quietly pulled the sheet out of the bottom of the bed, then crawled up between my legs and started giving me a bj. I knew immediately it was going to be a fun weekend.

She had to be the best "lover" I've ever been with. I could write a book about those few days. Sexually, we were a perfect match. Unfortunately, she just wasn't my cup-o-tea outside the bedroom, so I never saw her again.

10. xyzxyz

xyzxyz New Member

"Unfortunately, she just wasn't my cup-o-tea outside the bedroom"

Ha, funny how that often happens.

11. cbrmale

Gold Member

For me, the perfect partner is sexually confident and enthusiastic and who to responds to my touch, helping me to read her. Connection is important, but connection can be had with someone you just met if you are both of a like mind.

I always regard making love as being a subset of having sex. Having sex can be the carnal two hours with the girl I just met where we both had lots of orgasms and where we are exhausted and satisified beyond belief. Making love is sex with my wife on Saturday morning, slow and gentle lovemaking to start the day. A special moment of love shared, a special moment that makes the love we feel for each other even stronger.

12. Cavemanbob

Cavemanbob New Member

it's all about honesty and communication

13. emerlyj

emerlyj New Member

For me, someone who is willing to learn from me and let me learn from them.