Meeting Sexual Partners Via the Net

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by CaptainNemo, Nov 19, 2006.

1. CaptainNemo

CaptainNemo New Member

I have not had much luck meeting women where I presently live. I have been on several dates, but the sparks simply have not been flying, so I decided to give the Internet a try. I have met several gals with similar interests as myself, and our discussions are engaging. However, I am no stranger to the Internet, and I know that it is very easy to be dishonest about yourself in cyberspace. If I were to pursue a real world relationship with one of my current Internet contacts, what points of advice should I keep in mind?

As of now, I feel that trust – real trust – is essential in the process. I feel that this can only be accomplished by meeting the person in real life (obviously). I feel that trust is essential when discussing past sexual activity. The last thing I want to get is an STD from an Internet whore. I also am perfectly familiar with the importance of using a condom, regardless of how the relationship is formed. I suppose what I am seeking is advice on how to build a healthy relationship, both personally and sexually, using the Internet as a means of meeting potential partners. I have been unable to find much advice on this topic, especially where sex is concerned, and would like to gain insight concerning this aspect of the process. Also, are there any “warning signs” I should keep a look out for? Thanks for your advice my forum friends!

2. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Nemo ... let's see.

Avoid people that are emotionally damaged, you end up taking the burden for everything.

If you meet someone that you know online, keep it neutral. You drive yourself, she drives herself. Just be you and put her a ease, there doesn't need to be tension. (Hell I'm as razor tongued in real life as I am around this place.)

Would you like the key to any relationship? Communication. If you can't talk to your date, SO, wife, partner, etc. about anything that's on your mind, then you have some work to do.

I wish ya luck man.

3. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

I would suggest starting out with short meetings. And like A-1 said, both drive in your own vehicles, etc. That way, you are not 'trapped' into a long, drawn out date, if things aren't gelling.

Don't give out identifying information. If the person turns out to be a 'psycho', you don't want her knowing where you live or work. :whoa

Just make sure you go slowly. People can't keep up a facade forever, so if she's a fake, you'll catch on. If it's meant to be, it will happen.

4. LilKitten

LilKitten New Member

I agree with what was said by A1 and Rose. Keep it short - there will always be time for another date later on. Go somewhere public just in case she is a little crazy.

As a side note, I met my current boyfriend on Yahoo Personals almost a year ago. We chatted online for about a week before we decided to meet. We met for lunch at a restaurant, had a good time, and no more than 20 minutes after the lunch I'd had a phone call asking me to a movie that night. And we are still together and I've never been happier. I think when you meet the people, you will know if it'll work. That's my two cents. :)

5. JuicyB

JuicyB New Member

I've never done it! Do people paint realistic images of themselves? I've heard all these stories about men who pose as cute girls, or nursing home grannies who claim to be teenagers. So I wonder, have your on-line contacts been pretty real with you?

6. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

As I've stated here before, I met my wife online 9 years ago, as well as my late wife before her. And in between them I met many women online and had r/t sexual encounters with them -- most on a continuing basis. I was always pretty open and honest with them as they were with me. I never met any of them on a sexual board/chat room and only one or two from a dating site. I met a few women online that I met r/t but never had sex with, but some of them became good friends.

7. Rose

Gold Member

... and the forum blond swallows her pride, asking sheepishly...."What is meant by "r/t" sexual encounters?" :)

8. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

real time, perhaps?

9. Rose

Gold Member

[​IMG]

heehee - thanks, Puss!

10. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

Mel whispers to Rose<< I was wondering the same damn thing!!

11. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

I do. I'm a vicious, sarcastic, crusty, vindictive, smart, young college guy. WHy play out a personality on the net when it's so much more fun to be me?

12. BustHer

BustHer New Member

Dont Leap

I have a neighbor I grew up with that has been widowed for about 3 years now and finally decided to get back to seeing guys. She met a guy online who lived in Calf. and flew out to meet him at his expense. After a short period of time and a couple of visits she felt comfortable with him. She had recently sold the ranch she grew up on, which joins my property, for a large sum of money. She kept the home site. The guy gave her some kind of story about his money being tied up and him needing $50,000 to make his house ready for her to move out with him. You guessed it she sent him the money and hasnt heard from him since. She has been unable to find him or get her money back even though she got the authorities involved. There are people out there who prey on other people so please be careful:nerv. I feel so sorry for her but cant really do anything to help her.
    :bow All bow to the ladies for they are what we desire most:brow

13. yorkiesmurf

yorkiesmurf New Member

I would not invest much time or effort in persuing an internet relationship. There are so many risks and unknowns that it makes such a relationship almost impossible. Since the internet has been around I have only known one person who met their spouse via the internet and the marriage lasted about six months. If you are going to meet someone from the internet I would talk with them first and then if a meet is arranged I would meet them in a very public place. Once you do meet them make sure you address with them any descrepancies between what they said on the internet and what you observe in public. Anotherwords be suspicious and do not fall into a false sense of security.

14. smallpackage

smallpackage New Member

I met my current g/f on match.com. We emailed a few times, then talked on the phone a few times, then had lunch a few times...then it was time to let the gaurds down a little and go on a real date. So far it has worked out better than I had hoped! I was able to find someone that had similar beliefs and desires as well as be attracted physically to her.

I know of a few people that met on the internet and have been happily married for quite some time.

15. JuicyB

JuicyB New Member

I put my profile up (Spanish) on a local cupid.com on the free section. I wasn't convinced enough to pay. Some women contacted me, but I discovered they were mostly "husband hunters", and since I have no desire to even consider marriage, we didn't get too far.

16. Searos

Searos New Member

Last girl that I met for sexual activity was through a facebook similar site called Xuqa, which i call facebook's slutty little sister btw, and it worked out pretty well.

However, i've hit a dry spell again, but I'm not too worried about it...