Meeting people online.

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by CT Guy, Nov 19, 2006.

1. CT Guy

CT Guy New Member

Hi all,
    This is my first real post on this site so I wanted to talk about my situation and get some feedback from other people about online dating. I recently ended a three year relationship because I became tired of only having a spark of chemistry with my girlfriend instead of the whole flame. We got along great in all other areas of the relationship but the passion never really developed as I had hoped because she was so inhibited. Anyway, I just moved back to CT from Boston and am having a tough time meeting someone new because of my work schedule. I started a new company last year and have been working 60-70 hrs /week to ensure its' success. What kind of luck have any of you had meeting people on sites like Match.com? That seems to be the only way I will be able to meet someone new in order to take advantage of what little free time I have right now. My work schedule will slow down to a manageable pace by Feb/07 so I am not too worried about having enough time to please someone in the future. I just miss having a close connection with someone. Thanks,
    J

2. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

Our daughter met (and married!) her husband through Match.com! So it can work. They were both in college, with heavy schedules, so they were able to get to know each other somewhat by leaving messages, etc.

Good luck!

3. loveit247

Gold Member

I met my SO online. I see nothing wrong with using online services. People are so busy now days and really, meeting in a bar or club is not ideal. I found it nice to use a dating site because I could check and send mails during the day at work and arrange to meet up with people during the day. If I didn't feel like it one night I could stay home with my dog and eat popcorn.

I met a great guy online and I am really hoping it works out between us.

4. stopher58

stopher58 New Member

i have a friend that swears by it.. he's met a few without taking time to really know them first and they turned out a little strange but... it works.

5. HerHubby

HerHubby The SF Poet Laureate
    Gold Member

I think that Puss and Krof met each other online - she was in Japan and he was in Sweden.

6. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

That's right, we did. I was working in Japan as a TEFL and we were both members of an online message board for the television show Whose Line is it Anyway. We started out PMing each other at the forum and then started emailing, then chatting in real time on Yahoo messenger and MSN, sending each other sometimes really hot text messages on our cell phones. This went on for a few months and then we made the decision to meet in person, so I gave my notice at my job, booked a flight to Sweden, packed up my entire life and headed toward the Great White North.

Things have been great ever since then. It used to be considered kind of weird and dangerous to meet people online, and if you might get a funny look if you admitted you met your SO that way. However, I think it's starting to become more normal. Now you don't get a funny look, but you often hear someone say, "My best friend/brother/cousin/ I met my girlfriend online, too!"

7. LilKitten

LilKitten New Member

I met my current boyfriend on Yahoo personals. I met one guy before him and that one turned out to be a complete dud but then I found the love of my life. I think online dating can be hit and miss - there are people on there that are seriously searching and being open and honest about themselves but there are people who have other goals in mind. I say, give it a go and you'll know right away if it isn't the right meeting people method for you.

8. PhoenixRose

PhoenixRose New Member

I met my ex on yahoo personals. I think it is an excellent idea when it comes to meeting people. If you are as busy as you say you are then you might as well try it. You have nothing to lose. :) I say go for it! Good Luck!!:)