Meeting (gay) guys for the first time!

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by GreatBritGirl, Oct 27, 2003.

1. GreatBritGirl

GreatBritGirl New Member

Hi Guys.

I'm a straight gal with a b/f, have lots of mates the same and theres one guy mate called M@tt, we've been takin him out clubbin for a while and the more we took him the more obvious it was he was gay. Anyway finally he told us he was gay and now he wants to meet a guy.
    Theres a club in town which is supposed 2 be good, he says he wants to meet other guys in a relaxed environment, but im not sure what this place is gonna be like or if its going to be "relaxed" my experience of most straight clubs is people coming on to each other all the time and i dont know if thats what he wants.

Any advice b4 going to this place? Or what sort of places should he go too that are less pressure? He's only 19 so it is possible that since hes never had a g/f he may just be confused? In which case the gay club may scare him and confuse him more?

2. Giancarlo

Giancarlo New Member

Confused about his sexual orientation? Probably not. I am gay... but I never dated. The only reason why I had a boyfriend in the past (for two years) was because he was my bestfriend (long story). The gay club scene does not appeal to me... I got a date with a guy because I met him at a Conference believe it or not. Does he go to college? It is possible he could meet people there.

3. jnrain

jnrain New Member

If he says he is gay, he probably is. The whole gay club thing might be what he needs, it probably wouldn't hurt to try it anyhow... if he doesn't like it you can always leave and pursue other avenues.

4. dameon

dameon New Member

i was scared lifeless the first time i went into a gay bar, but i went with friends, and it turns out i had the time of my life. just bear one thing in mind tho, 90 percent of guys in there are more than willing to talk but have alternative intentions...

5. Giancarlo

Giancarlo New Member

Well I can't go into gay bars as I am under 21 (18 right now)... but I did go to West Hollywood (Boy's Town as they call it.. heh)... I got glances and all the sort... many have alternative intentions and all I say is find a better place to find dates IMO.

6. Ryan

Ryan Gold Member

Strange, you must of misplaced a number somewhere, as it seems you are 19 and almost 20?

7. Giancarlo

Giancarlo New Member

Sorry, I meant 19. Typo.

8. Logger

Gold Member

Gay Bars

I have not been to a gay bar for a while, but I went to gay bars when I was younger. I had guys come on to me, but they did it in a way which allowed me a comfortable way out. I suspect that if the guy is approached, it will be in a way that is not overbearing, but rather comforting. The guys at bars that approached me seemed to accept that I was not interested, at face value. The guys at the bar were not really concerned with whether I was 100% straight or 80% straight. They just seemed to assume that any guy was not more than 90% straight.

I've been meaning to update my experiences with gay bars, but lately I have been busy pushing the limits of my marital bedroom.

Logger

9. touchzing

touchzing New Member

Like Logger, I went to a few gay bars when I was younger. I enjoyed seeing men together, dancing and enjoying themselves. I was approached and danced a bit but never left with anyone. (That isn't my style) I would encourage you, your boyfriend and you gay friend to also explore places where gay movies amy be playing, or other gay friendly hang outs. If one is gay or bi it is nice to know your not alone in the world.