Meeting a girl briefly

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by dazed-confused, Jul 11, 2008.

1. dazed-confused

dazed-confused New Member

Here's an issue I can have; I tend to flirt with a fair few girls just casually and I've found I can be fairly good at it. This works perfectly at public places, meeting people at parties, etc. However, how does one 'close the deal' in a limited time scenario.

Such as today. I went into a clothing store, and spent a good 5 minutes flirting with the sales clerk waiting for a friend to catch up from another store. It was good, she seemed into it, but then what do you say to keep in touch? Obviously you don't want to show up at the store for 5 minutes every 2-3 days....

Ideas? Considering you've only met me for 5 minutes, what would you expect me to ask for... name (facebook purposes), cell #, ask if you'd like to meet up outside work, etc.

2. Orion

Orion New Member

If she seems into you and all, why not ask for her number or at least give her yours?

3. Mr. G

Mr. G Member

I think you've got quite a good list there ;)

I don't really have any experience of my own on this matter, but I would set money on a direct approach. If she seems to be interested in you, go ahead and ask her out, or at least ask her phone number. You should prolly get at least her first name as well :D'

There's nothing to loose really. Phone number would be good to have even if you make a date, so if something comes up you can give her a call and reschedule or so ..It's much easier to do it before hand than try explain afterwards why you didn't show up..

But like said, I'm not too familiar with this stuff..

4. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

After a few minutes of flirting/conversation you could say something like, "I hope this isn't too forward but are you doing anything tonight/tomorrow/this Friday? I'd like to take you out to dinner (or whatever)." It's polite but confident, forward but not too forward. If she's into you then even if she had something tentatively planned, she just might break those plans. Then you can exchange numbers.

5. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

...or.... not knowing anything about you (other than you are favorably tempting), she might me leery of going out on a date right away. What about asking when her lunch break is, and ask if you could treat her to lunch? That way, you have a bit more time and privacy, while still being in a 'safe' environment for her. If it goes well, ask her for her phone number then. If she is reluctant, then at least give her yours. That puts the ball in her court.

6. Dreama

Gold Member

Ask her to coffee or something. It's not as much pressure as a date, but it's enough to get to know her better. And ask for her number. Let her know you're interested!

7. BassDude

BassDude New Member

I like the direct approach myself. I can't remember what I did with other ladies, but I recall that with my wife I just asked her if she'd like to meet somewhere for drinks (meet in a public place, very safe for her!). About two hours later, a few drinks, a lot of conversation, and a little bumping and grinding while slow-dancing, I think we both knew where we were headed. :brow The second or third date I asked her if she would rather go see a metal-rap band with me, or get a bottle of tequila and play twister...her answer was "I don't know what to say". IIRC, we did both! ;) That night while we were dry-humping each other she told me "I'm going to fuck you until you can't remember your name." She delivered on that promise about a week later. :cool All of my friends wanted to know where I got all the carpet burns...:D

BD

8. dazed-confused

dazed-confused New Member

Thanks for the posts, everyone. I think I just created this thread in sheer frustration, she was an absolute stunner and I blew it. Oh well, next time.

9. Pride

Pride New Member

As simple as...

"Well hey i gotta get goin but we should do something sometime" She probably replies "Yeah we should" In turn u say "Ok sounds good let me get your number and ill give you a call"

And personally im a believer in making the first call a 2 maybe 3 day wait unless there is some GREAT party or something u want to take her to. But then she might now see it as more than a casual friend taking her to a party like she isnt "with you" depends on the girl though.

10. cbrmale

Gold Member

Maybe things have changed over the decades, but the 'I should get goin....' sounds aloof and disinterested, and women generally don't like either. I remember asking if she'd like to go out somewhere, and making the date on the spot (this was before mobile phones). Typically coffee or something similar, and then if we were getting on okay I'd tell that I would like to see her again. This echoes BassDude, PIB and almost everyone else.

11. BassDude

BassDude New Member

Dude...if she didn't slap you in the face and tell you to "fuck off", you haven't blown anything. :D Go back to the clothing store...make it obvious that you can back just to see her. :p If she comes up to talk to you, then she's definitely interested. Be a man...tell her "Ya know, I really just came back here to see you again. What time do you go on lunch/dinner/break/whatever? Want to meet me [somewhere close by that's not inconvenient for her] for coffee/lunch/dinner/drinks/whatever?" If she says "I can't", then say "Do you want to get together some other time?" Make a friendly date with her if you can, or get her phone number, or something. If you are interested in her, then pursue her by all means. Make it obvious that you like her. [Hint: if someone is sitting on the fence, then making it obvious will kick them off the fence. If she's interested, you want to know and move forward...if she's not interested, then you want to know and move on. Can ya dig it?] Go back to the clothing store 10 times if that's what it takes to bump into her again.

Cheers bud!
    BD

12. FlirtyChick

Gold Member

By all means if you like her, go back and see if she is interested in talking to you again. Have another brief conversation, then ask, as stated above, if you can treat her to lunch, coffee, dinner, drinks. If she says yes, get that number, and DO NOT wait two to three days to call. Tell her you will call her tomorrow, and do it. One thing women hate is for men to play games with us. We will not think that we have the upper hand or have you "wrapped" if you pursue us. WE LIKE IT. That is the difference between us thinking of you as a nice guy and thinking of you as a jerk!

Good luck! Now shouldn't you be heading back to the mall now? :lol

Oh, and contrary to wait BassDude says, don't keep going back over and over if she does not seem interested. Move on. Of course if he means go back over and over until you run into her again, by all means do it!

13. BassDude

BassDude New Member

Oh yes, I should clarify! Don't stalk the girl for God's sake! :eek :lol What I meant was keep going back to the store until you find her working again. If you go back once and she's not there, ask someone there when she's working again, then show up when you know she'll be there.

BD