May i ask your opinion?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Pride, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Pride

Pride New Member

This may sound very vague so feel free to ask for the info you need.

But a little background well i have since moved from michigan to florida (a very very boring part of florida w/o much going on) but it turned out HORRIBLE i was FORCED to drop out of school my sr year. Then i broke my wrist and have been struggling with it for almost 6 months...and i am finally rehabbing it after surgery. Things turned out VERY bad when i made the move. i have only had a job for 2 months which was a seasonal job. I currently live with my mom her boyfriend and my grandpa and my 2 dogs. I am kind of sick of all of the arguing (its just what they do) and i dont get along with my grandpa well at all and have zero friends after a year being here. and no car.

Well i now have the chance to move to venice. im going to copy and paste what i said to a friend.

well my cousins friend talon and a few other people rent this house thats HUGE...also talon and a couple others are very into computers as well (like me). But i guess they are going to be having a room open up soon and said they wouldnt mind having me there. i even have a job there at pizza hut getting bout 8 or so an hour which is good pay around here...and pizza hut is like not even a minute walk from the house (right behind) they have high speed internet and i would have a much bigger room. also its in venice so there is a nice ocean beach. and a lot of younger people unlike here. they said i would be able to bring one of my dogs as well (which is a hard choice like choose 1 kid over another) but still nice. and there are more jobs there too but at least ill have one when i get there...also i will have a car if i move there.

downside is i have to leave 1 dog. the people in the house are huge partiers and the party's are held at the house (plus side they are all over 21 in the house and take care of their business payment wise) also they keep the party's in one main areas so the whole house isnt rocking and over run. also downside is i will have to pay for some rent of course and possibly a few other bills but it is shared between like 4 ppl. also i will be a couple hours away from my mom. man im scared to leave home ill admit it.

but yeah im so fuckin confused i dont know what i want. ill beable to get my ged there too. but i wont be able to come to michigan. looks like i might not be able to anyways tho.

Ill be honest im scared to move away from my parents i mean 2 hours from my mom isnt bad. but i just dont know...i have seperatiosn issues after losing many people i was close to. and im always scared if i leave then ill lose them w/o being able to spend itme with them.

On top of that i mean after the move from michigan to florida turned out im scared as hell about it. i cant have that happen again its set my life bad so far from where i want to be right now..

i just would like input or stuff to think about i need to figure this out but im not quite sure how.

2. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

Well none of us can tell you what to do. It sounds like you have an exciting opportunity. Have you talked with your mom about it?? If not, I suggest you do so. My only other question is whether you really trust these friends, as far as the bills go. It seems you addressed that. But in the same way that you do not want to be left holding the bills with no payors, make sure you pay your half too. Start out on the right foot with the right reputation as an independent man.

It's natural to be scared. It sounds like the reasons to go really outweigh the reasons to stay. And with a car you can make sure you see your mom as often as ya want. A two hour drive is a cinch. ;)

3. Pride

Pride New Member

well as far as bills go. i have known these people for quite some time and the head person really 'tallen' has lived there the whole time and done well it seems. the biggest issue may be cleanliness and decent food. i dont care to go out a lot. and im not a great cook though i can get by. seems ill be buying my own food too.

but thanks for the input i know i have a lot to think about...btw no i have not talked to my mom yet i plan to tonight i just found out tonight. my aunt has talked to my mom bout it tho

4. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

You should be prepared to pay for anything you need on your own....food, bills, gas, etc. And what does moving out do to any health insurance you have?

5. Pride

Pride New Member

i have no health insurance...ehh never have like my entire life

6. skippy0587

skippy0587 New Member

If you leave you will have to grow up A.S.A.P. Not saying you aren't grown up now, I don't know you, but regardless, you have got to be responsible and mature about your decisions.

Is it possible you get your G.E.D. where you are at now? If so, I think that might be a good idea, then when you move you will be able to possibly get into a better paying job.

As mel said, talk with your mom and your grandfather (even if you don't get along). They have been around a good deal of time and they will know a lot. Moving to school was one of the hardest things i've had to do, but it helped me grow a lot as a person.

Either way good luck with your decision!!