[Ask a Girl] masturbation

Discussion in 'Ask a Guy/Girl' started by 33stack, Apr 30, 2011.

1. 33stack

Gold Member

I was surprized at how many girls ive talked to have said they don't masturbate. I dont mean on this forum, but in person. I'll bet 2 out of every 5 girls ive met told me they have never masturbated. A couple said they wouldn't even know how!!! Are they being honest?

2. missyc

missyc New Member

Probably not :)

3. Moon

Moon New Member

Quite possibly yes

4. Kermit

Gold Member

My best friend, who is female, i can quote her as saying "one of hte biggest lies in the world is that you've never masturbated and that you didn't like it" granted some may not have ever masturbated to orgasm, but to say you've never explored in that say is tough to swollow. Plus depends on how well you know and who you're asking, not everyone likes to admit to masturbation

5. Moon

Moon New Member

I think Kermit has your answer, It depends on your definition of masturbating, if you mean simply touching, well, I can't see that any girl hasn't done that. If you mean to bring oneself to orgasm, then that's where your 2 out 5 is probably right.

6. Stefanie

Stefanie New Member

I know a few who haven't. Religious reasons, never really knew they could and have a very low sex drive, or something similar.

Most women who say they never have are lying, though, because masturbation is viewed as a shameful thing.

7. lbushwalker

Gold Member

99% of men masturbate and the remainder 1% are liars.
    Are the sexes really so different?

8. nurseharley

Gold Member

i don't understand why they'd need to lie. who knows.......i can't answer for them. maybe they just said no cause they felt like it was none of your bidness

9. Moon

Moon New Member

Ok, so I can only speak for myself, but here goes.........

Had you asked me this, this time last year I'd have said no, I've never masturbated, and rightly so. My understanding of the term 'masturbation' was a man sorting himself out. I really didn't like sex, my husband would dive in dry, it was painful, there was no way I was going to touch what hurts...

That said, there were times when I felt the odd flutter of pleasure which instantly made me feel dirty and wrong and unsafe in myself. This was not the done thing, proper young ladies did not act in this manner. I am a people pleaser, I wanted to be 'good' in the eyes of my family and that meant conducting myself in a right and proper fashion. I didn't know what sex could offer - I hold myself responsible for hubby diving in dry all these years btw.

I cannot see that I was alone in this. I have a very small circle of friends and at least half, when sex is mentioned, which is possibly once in the time I've known each, were - or are - the same as I was.

As I have said before here, I had my first orgasm last year while masturbating in a dream. I'm not about to go into the dream itself, but even that wasn't a voluntary thing, it just happened, I'm glad it did! I've not looked back, but everything I now know about sex I've learned here, from reading these boards and speaking to my lovely friends here xx - Thank you all :) - I'm pushing those boundaries every day, and righting my self-inflicted wrongs.

10. ALittleMoreSonic

ALittleMoreSonic New Member

I know at least one girl who honestly hasn't. She knows almost nothing about sex, poor thing. Granted, she's nowhere near as close minded as some people I know. I can't understand the chicks who think it's 'gross' or whatever the stigma is...
    As for me, I typically masturbate every morning unless I have to be somewhere (and even then I normally push it and end up almost late/late), and if I'm in the mood/reading a good book (not even necessarily a sexually themed book; just a good one) I tend to go for it. Sadly haven't ever managed an orgasm.

11. MidNight

MidNight New Member

all i can say is im a female and i love masturbation

12. Mobius

Mobius New Member

sometimes thats all you need to say ;)

13. MidNight

MidNight New Member

yup what more can you say lol

14. nyxx

nyxx New Member

99% of stats are made up, lol... had to say it

yeah, i'm sure many girls have. apparently society deems it inappropriate for girls to be as proud of it as boys are.

15. Kermit

Gold Member

of 50% of all stats 20% are made up and tehres only a 40% chance of that being true

16. canadiancouple

canadiancouple New Member

Most females I know have said that they do it. It's natural. Sex should be considered just that, natural.

If you wouldn't want to fuck you, why would anyone else? Being comfortable with your body is just as important as being comfortable with someone else in/on your body.

My wife masturbates frequently. I've walked in on her a few times, and honestly it's sometimes a great alternative to PIV sex. Mutual masturbation can be a huge turn on for a couple, time it just right and you can cum just as she orgasms.