Male friend relationships

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by awakened, Jan 25, 2012.

1. awakened

awakened New Member

I have come to believe that it is not possible to be friends with a man without being tricked or lied to. Yes my husband is a man, but I do not believe he would ever lie to me or trick \me. Guess thats why we have been married for 20 years, we always tell the truth at least eventually, lol.

I mean really, especially with a man i have been friends with for over a year and have discussed everything, why go and ruin the trust i had for you by lying to me.

My very good friend, a Mistress, has told me over and over, DO NOT TRUST ANY MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    She always spots bullshit right away and she tries to tell me but it is hard because I have such a kind heart.
    Looks like I'm going to have to learn to be a cold hearted bitch

Sorry for the long vent.

2. boji

boji New Member

Boji is sorry to see you unhappy :(

But Boji thinks it goes both ways. A woman lied to Boji and kept a secret of her infidelity for 24 years! So Boji knows it feels like to be tricked and lied-to.

Just enjoy your friends as you have been doing but with a little bit of caution along the way. If you started to wear that "cold hearted bitch" cloak, you would be a completely different person ... somebody you, yourself, may not like anymore.

That's all Boji has to say ...

3. Stimpy

Stimpy New Member

That is an unfortunate way to live. While it is true that many men are liars and scumbags, not all of them are.

I have lied, yes. But I am not a liar. I am also not a bullshitter. I try to be as open and honest as possible. My blunt approach has even recently sent a female friend running to the hills (long story).

Please do not write off 100% of men as worthless liars.

4. awakened

awakened New Member

Oh Stimpy, not to worry, I just had to blow off steam.:phat

5. cbrmale

Gold Member

I deteste dishonesty myself. Also, I think if you lie to a woman in any form of relationship you do get caught, so there's no point. I think one of the reasons why I have enjoyed many lovely relationships is that women know they can trust me.

Many men are dishonest though, and not just with women either. Those who are into power and ego are more likely to be untrustworthy. Best avoid those sorts of men.

6. thunderseed

Gold Member

Hey,
    All of my friends are of the male species. I find men to be more honest and easy to get along with then women, I can relate to them better, likewise all guys I know can relate to women and they enjoy being open and honest.
    I am an honest person with an almost gang like mentality of honesty and loyalty, and quite capable of seeing truths and untruths in people, that doesn't make me unable to trust people, it makes me able to understand them more, and where they are coming from.

Lies are a human condition, it is not gender related. Men can be the most open and honest individuals in the world! Most men are certainly more straight forward then girls, and that's what I appreciate in any friendship. While some women can be absolutely brutal. In any way, I find being friends with men a breath of fresh air, they normally speak what's on their minds, and they are honest.

If we are talking about the fact that your male friends probably imagine you naked all the time - yeah that's probably true. Most of my guy friends would fuck anything that moved lol. They have wanted to get in my pants, I can say that for each and every friend I have, but they are always honest about it, and I always say Nope, not a chance, we are friends. Granted I make it harder for them, I openly talk about sexual things with them all the time. My best friend knows absolutely everything about my sexual life, in fact he had to bail me out of many terrible sexual related situations I would get myself into. He's your typical "asshole" kind of guy, makes fun of everyone, but he's very open and honest. I also know everything there is to know about him.

I have only had to ditch 2 male friends in my entire life because they did not accept my boundaries of not wanting to have sex with them. All the rest are okay with maintaining a friendship.

But generally I would be friends with a guy more so than a lady. In my experience women are the ones who play mind games, some are jealous, conniving, they beat around the bush, they think you can read their minds... Granted there are some amazing women I know that are not like that at all. I don't think it's a gender thing.

7. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Men are all bastards and women are all bitches; vive la difference!

Everybody wants to fuck somebody else and can lie about it........so deal with it and move on ;)

8. awakened

awakened New Member

No worries you all, as I said above, I was just blowing off steam.
    It wasnt a serious lie in the least, he was trying to trick me and that in my mind was worse than the actual lie. It is not nice to trick people. Men or women !!!!!

9. backcheck64

Gold Member

Sorry to disappoint you, the only woman I want to fuck is my wife. I tend to be brutally honest. Some women can take it, many can't, but it's my honest feelings and observations.

10. Amature

Gold Member

Other than my wife (now deceased) and my now girlfriend, I don't know that I have any female friends. I have female acquaintances, or know females that are either wives or girlfriends of my male friends. I'd do anything I could to help them as long as they are with my male friends as significan others, but if they weren't I probably wouldn't have much to do with them then. Maybe my deffinition of "friend" is a lot different than other people. I have talked to females about their relationship problems, but never of a sexual nature. I try and be honest with everyone and have never lied to a female for sex. My honesty has probably cost me sex a lot of times I imagine. LOL. Although I have to confess, sometimes I've had females tell me they need to talk to me as a friend, and I do listen and try and help them if I can, but I'm thinking "we're not really friends" so maybe I'm not as honest as I should be after all.

11. ply

ply
    Gold Member

I can't think of any female friends that I wouldn't want to mount.Was your friend trying to trick you out of your pants?

12. Amature

Gold Member

I doubt it. I'm pretty overweight and not much of a ladies man really, I figured she just needed someone to talk to. I didn't mean to imply I wouldn't have sex with some of these ladies, I just meant I didn't think of them as friends. I'm into target shooting and there's a young lady that every time I see her she talks about coming out to my property and shooting again or asks a question about a gun of some sorts. She's very dooable, don't get me wrong. And we talk guns and shooting, but I don't consider her a friend really. I have good a few good friends, several friends, and a lot of aquantances. I consider her an aquaintance. Am I strange in what I consider a friend?

13. backcheck64

Gold Member

Of all of my female friends, including mothers of my kids friends and such...there isn't one I'd "mount". None live up to my physical standards...or should I say, the standards my wife has set. Maybe that's why it's easy for me to have female friends. I'll do anything for my female friends from home repairs and car repairs to pick up their kids in a pinch...but sexually...NO. Wouldn't touch any of them.