Male ejaculate composition

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by igor, Mar 18, 2010.

1. igor

Gold Member

In the thread "Is there such a thing as being too wet" CL posted what vaginal secretions are composed of. I was given the task to find the composition of male secretions. I said there were only 4 where by my count in CL's post, women secrete 15 different fluids. Well, I was partially correct in that in male ejaculate comes from 4 different places but there appears to be about 21 different fluids. They are:

From the testes we get the sperm itself (each ejaculation can contain 500 million of the little guys). Sperm is about 2 to 5 percent of the total emission.

From the seminal vesicle we get amino acids, citrate, enzymes, flavins, fructose, phosphorylchlorine, prostaglandins, proteins, and vitamin C, which is 65 to 75 percent of the emission.

From the prostate we get acid phosphatase, citric acid, fibrinolysin, prostate specific antigen, proteolytic enzymes, and zinc, which is 25 to 30 percent of the total.

And from the bulbourethral glands we have galactose, mucus, pre-ejaculate and sialic acid (1 percent of the output).

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

So it figures that if a guy has been snipped, the amount of ejaculate will not be noticeably less than before.

#1 igor, Mar 18, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  2. Barbwire

Gold Member

Good boy, Igor, you may now have a cookie. [​IMG]

3. HardRocker

Gold Member

So I guess if a guy has had his prostate removed he shoots a little puff of pre-cum flavored air.

4. igor

Gold Member

Well, I was curious about that too. But a quick search showed that after prostate surgery the ability to ejaculate is gone. If the nerves weren't totally destroyed during surgery, then he can still get an erection and orgasm but it will be a dry one.

I also kinda wonder about the accuracy of the last statement in my first post where it says that pre-ejaculate is only 1 percent. That may be true if you only count the ejaculate DURING the actual orgasm but a lot of guys do have a lot of "pre-cum" beforehand.

#4 igor, Mar 18, 2010
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2010
  5. igor

Gold Member

Sheesh - one lousy cookie? Boy, I dunno..... I was hoping for something a little more memorable. :lol