Making My Girlfriend Understand.

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by FacelessGirl, Jun 25, 2013.

1. FacelessGirl

FacelessGirl New Member

My girlfriend can't accept the fact that I'm polysexual and bi-gender. She thinks that me being polysexual means that my mind will wander. Yeah, my mind could still wander if I was straight and gay. I tried to explain this to my girlfriend, but she's not listening. Any advice?

2. zapper

zapper Member

WHy all the labels? Maybe just 'sexual' wold be better. You like women, men, and all the combinations! Yes, your mind will wander. Everyone's mind wanders. Her mind wanders too, even if she completely denies it. If you want to be with her, then make her happy. If she doesn't want to think about or hear about where minds wander or where your mind wanders, don't tell her about it unless she asks. If she asks then gets pissed at your answers, there is other shit going on. If she really doesn't want to know about that, she won't ever ask you.

3. frozengrapes

frozengrapes New Member

Maybe she isn't the right girlfriend for you.

4. losixxx

losixxx Member

I feel the same way with all the labels are you male or female do you prefer female or male. You have a girlfriend but yet you say your female on your profile. Are you a man stuck in a womans body? or the other way around not much detail to give you help. I have looked up or googled the term polysexual in short terms basicaly you not sure what sex male or female you like am I wrong? Hard to give solid advice when your not sure what all the information is.

5. FacelessGirl

FacelessGirl New Member

Polysexual is like being bi-sexual. Except more inclusive. So that could include intersex people, transgender, etc. Pansexual is where you don't care about somebody's gender.

I'm bi-gender. Sometimes I like being a guy, and other times, I want to be a woman. Here, I like to identify myself as a woman. As for labels go. I like labels, because they are convient, and they give me a sense of identity.

6. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Deleted post as seen the answer elsewhere.
    Thanks for clearing that up :)

#6 lbushwalker, Jul 14, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2013
  7. Essene

Gold Member

Regardless if you're bi-gender or polysexual- the chance that you may find someone else attractive enough to act (aka eyes wondering) doesn't have to lessen because of your sexual/gender orientation. You're still a human being. After-all, you found your gf attractive enough in however many ways to "fall for" her- it isn't out of the realm of possibilities that you may "fall for" someone else.

As far as getting her to see that you wouldn't "have eyes for" someone else despite your orientation do it like everyone else does it. Assure and re-assure. If her paranoia becomes overbearing to a serious degree you should discuss more severe options.

8. SexyDiva100

SexyDiva100 Member

You shouldn't be made to feel like you need to apologize for who you are !

If people can't appreciate your presence
    Make them appreciate your absence !

9. vampire raver

vampire raver New Member

It's always a hard fact to face but I have learned that you have to be what and who you are, because in the long run if you don't be who you are you won't like yourself nor will anyone else who is in a serious relationship with you. I also agree with the others stop putting labels on things you are you. A beautiful human creature on there road to the divine just like we all are. Just love yourself and everyone else as you already are. If your girlfriend doesn't accept, let her. Don't control her but you can argue your point. But as soon as she try to compromise who you truly are or you start to change your true self you probably need to consider moving on or at least separating.

Love is love and nothing else all you have to do is feel it and live by it.