Makeup?

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by FlaminFrancesca, Feb 1, 2006.

1. FlaminFrancesca

FlaminFrancesca New Member

Hey all,
    I was reading another thread, I don't remember which one, but someone made the comment "sort of like women seem to think they need to wear makeup"
    Which got me to thinking...
    what do guys think of make up? I don't usually wear any, my husband doesn't like it, and when I do wear it, it's to my mom's club events where only other women are... weird no? I have never thought about it until now, lol... I will wear it if we go out at night, but when I'm with him, I make it really subdues and natural looking, almost "not there"
    So tell me guys,
    Do we need makeup? or are we just funding a bunch of ceo's vacations for nothing?
    :)

2. Brad

Brad New Member

Hi PunkKitty

What do us guys think of makeup?????

Well my wife never wears any. I'm totally happy with that, as she looks lovely enough in the pure sense to me. And she knows that even if she puts on moisturiser I hate the taste and texture of it if we kiss afterwards.

I'd much sooner feel and taste bare skin with no coverings at all :brow

Generally whilst I like to see make up on women I'm happy for my partner not to use any.

It's not that much of a big issue to me however.

I would say, if you feel better for wearing it, then that is above all else what matters.

3. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

It depends on the purpose for which it is put on.

Any woman who wears it to just accentuate her natural beauty is great. (Though I have to admit I kinda agree with Brad, bare skin tastes great.)

Women who cover (and I do mean COVER) themselves with it in an attempt to achieve Paris Hilton like results ... well, shall we say that the term that pops into my head is ... attention whore?

Honestly though, it's about what makes a woman feel beautiful. After all, women that feel beautiful feel sensual as well. Good for us guys. :brow

4. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

Ask about any guy and he'll prefer a wife/gf who doesn't wear any or much makeup. That said, a good makeup artist can make any woman look more beautiful, and about any guy likes looking at a beautiful woman.

In other words, you're damned if you do and you're damned if you don't.

A word of caution: makeup used improperly, smeared, or applied too heavily is a turn-off, and there's a time and place for different degrees of makeup. Lots of makeup is the norm if you're on stage, having a glamour picture taken, or even dressing for a formal evening out. Use that same makeup for a day at the office or, worse, a weekend camping trip, and you'll look positively stupid.

If in doubt, don't.
    If you want to use it but don't know how much, error on the light side.

In a nutshell, I'm with Brad.

5. teamster145

Gold Member

I would have to agree, I like my wife to not wear very much if any at all. I like natural beauty.

6. BiBiBaby

BiBiBaby New Member

my man agrees with y'all...and hell thats fine with me i was a tomboy growing up and makeup is not my thing. when i'm going out (rock concerts, the bar) i ask my roommate to "whore-ify" me... she does AMAZING eyemakeup. for me its still mostly bareskin with just a bit to make a look really POP and stand out

7. Ryan

Ryan Gold Member

Makeup is one of those things pushed into society by the media. It's another way for the woman to feel insuperior and for some industries to make money off of it. Some makeup is fine, just don't over do it. And save your self some time by not applying it. Accept your body for what it is and learn to love it if you are doing it to please yourself, and if someone can't accept you for what you look like without makeup, then they are not worth trying to impress.

8. Mystic

Mystic New Member

DH doesn't really like make-up either. I wear very little. Though he did admitt once that he likes when I'm on my knees sucking him off, looking up at him with black eye make-up. :p In the words of Bibi "whore-ified" I guess, lol.

9. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

LOL - yeah - there are 'those times" .
    thorn loves me to wear really, really red lipstick, and give him a blow job. I get the kind that doesn't come off when kissing ;)

10. Thorn

Gold Member

Every now and then I like her to, as BiBi says, "whore-ify" herself. :hump and make up herself in a way that she would never really go out looking like. :brow

11. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Some how i get the feeling you two wouldn't make it out the door anyway. :lol

12. Thorn

Gold Member

You're probably right A1! :lol We've also been known to start undressing before we get into the house after being out for the night. :uhh:

13. minxy2

minxy2 Banned

i dont see why women should wear make up myself, i menai dont wear make up, we dont put it all over our bodies but our men still love us all teh same so why i just dont get t lol

14. Rose

Gold Member

Oh yeah - well, ...
    *speaking in my best quivering, old lady voice*: "Back when I was your age..." LOL - but really, when I was younger, I hardly ever wore make-up.
    I must admit, now that I'm a bit older, I do like to hide the occassional wrinkle, etc. A light foundation to even out skin tone, and eye make-up (I'm cursed with blond eyebrows and lashes), and I'm ready to go out. . I have found that less is best.
    In the summer, I have little need for makeup (except mascara), as I get loads of color at the beach (sun worshipper here :eyes ) !

It is true, as 'Anon1' said, if I feel like I am beautiful, I am far more sensual. I surely don't try to achieve the super model look :ugh - but a woman knows when she is looking her best.

15. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Off Topic
    You can call me Jon :D
    or A1 ... yup like the steak sauce...

On Topic
    If you really look at pictures of the celebrities when they aren't on the red carpet, very few of them are more attractive than alot of 'regular' girls I know. Look at it this way, you are far more honest about what you are and that I really respect.

16. Kai

Kai New Member

woman who wear makeup are fake and its a total turnoff for me if they have to much

17. comanighttrain

comanighttrain New Member

I love women who look like tarts (UK slang : sluts, prostitutes etc)

18. eandvk

eandvk Member

My wife wears make up to work everyday, but not that much,she doesnt need it. I love the weekends where she just showers and goes natural...I think shes pretty without any cosmetics at all....to me shes sexy when shes showered, hair is air dried, no makeup and in sweats...:brow as she is when she gets all dolled up for a night out
    Ive always preferred women with little or no makeup...cuz seeing a woman who wears lots of makeup for years and then seeing her without it...:eek ...its not very pretty!

19. Kayla

Kayla New Member

i dont wear makeup. it gets too expensive and takes too long. i like to sleep in or have morning sex with my b/f without worring about spending a hour putting on makeup before work/school

20. Rose

Gold Member

AN HOUR? :eek
    Lord have mercy, child. if it took an hour, I'd feel the same way.

Takes me about 5 minutes - tops. sometimes, just 2 minutes.