Makeshift lube?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by On_Top, Jul 10, 2007.

1. On_Top

On_Top New Member

I have some vaseline, but I think it's from 1994. And it reeks.
    Does like bath/shower oil work too? Is it safe to use?
    Anything else I might have around the house?

I'd buy some, but there;s only one store in this town that sells it, and it's a friggin small town I know everyone who works there and everyone who shops there and well, we're all Catholic and it's just an anxiety attack waiting to happen.
    ^ long run-on sentence

help please

2. peta pumkin

peta pumkin New Member

On Top, My experience, saliva, butter, margarine,cooking oil or any other oil available. I think shower "oil" is not really oil. Squeeze a little into the eye of your dong and see what happens.

3. Ryan

Ryan Gold Member

What about buying it online? We have a store, but there are plenty of other places. Even Amazon.com sells it.

4. scorpio_nymph

scorpio_nymph New Member

yeah, order it off ebay. if you're in too big of a hurry, then saliva. or you could just buy more vaseline that doesn't reek from that "one store" in town that sells lube.

5. MikeDog

MikeDog New Member

I agree in a pinch saliva is good.

6. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I've used olive oil, aloe vera gel (not recommended 'cause it burned) and contact wetting solution as lube, which worked great.

7. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

On Top
    One of the best is probably in your kitchen, olive oil works great, and perfectly safe.
    Also I use only Baby Oil as it has a warming sensation on your pussy.
    Also it doesn't taste bad.
    I tried astro glide and found it to be slick but wore out way before I did and the
    same holds true for all the rest of the so called sexual lubes.

Hiker

8. Tanya

Tanya New Member

Baby-Oil would be my choice, smells nice and has a pleaseant warming sensation.

Baby-Oil is possibly the best lube on the market.

9. adiofly123

adiofly123 New Member

ive used vegetable oil before

10. igor

Gold Member

I've hear olive oil recommended as well as coconut oil.

11. Bella

Gold Member

Saliva works great! :cheer
    ~Bella

12. Bluesy

Gold Member

I think that's a great idea, getting it online...the only reservations I would have about purchasing it through your store, Ryan, is the sort of packaging it comes in. Don't know how discreet you are, or whether her parents would interrogate her about a mystery package (some parents are like that, unfortunately).

You can get all kinds of quality sex stuff through drugstore.com, too. I love them...and my thinking is that you can say, "Oh, hey, there's the shampoo and lipstick I ordered!" I can personally recommend them. I've purchased a vibrator, condoms, lube, etc. through them. They carry a lot of well-known brands, and it's so convenient being able to get your sex toys along with your face soap and sunscreen :)

13. Ryan

Ryan Gold Member

We're discreet I ordered some products from my store. (We have a wholeseller shipper) and it was not marked adult. If she's worried about her parents opening 1) if she is over 18 it's illegal to open her packages and 2) If she orders stuff from Amazon, just pick up some other stuff too CDs, games, whatever and say the lube was by mistake. Not sure if that would fly.

PO Boxes are great too if you are really worried. They are semi cheap. $20 for 6 months and you will get packages shipped there instead of your house. No UPS/Fed-Ex. You can also get a private mailbox at a 3rd party shop (If your town has them, such as Mailbox Etc) which is more expensive, but they can sign for UPS, etc...

14. Barbwire

Gold Member

I'm thinking a lot of these lubes being suggested will cause yeast infections, especially the oil based ones. PLUS, oil breaks down the rubber in a condom, FYI.

15. Richie38

Richie38 New Member

Yeah you need to be real carefull with some of those mail order firms "we send everything in plain packaging"

A friend of mine ordered a 7inch delux vibrator from one, it came in "Plain Packaging" alright but the 10 ton delivery truck that dropped the package off had the sex warehouse companies name all over it!

Richie

16. stunnaz

stunnaz New Member

I agree, saliva is a great lubricant. its actually the only kind that I can use since I have a semi big household and little to no privacy, I can't have lube laying around and I can't grab some oil and go into the bathroom. the one problem I have with saliva is sometimes depending on what I've eaten that day, my saliva may not be the desired consitensy or may dry up fast. but you can always make more =]

17. Brad

Brad New Member

I’m definitely a big fan of baby oil also.
    You can buy that without any embarrassment.

It is amazingly slippery and lasts for ages once applied. It simply doesn’t seem to dry up. A small amount should last for a good long session. And as mentioned it produces a gentle warming sensation which feels nice.

And even when finished and wiping the product off, it leaves the sensitive skin really soft and feeling moisturised.

As CL said though, it is not to be used with Latex Condoms.
    However polyurethane condoms such as Durex Avanti are perfectly safe to use with baby oil and other oils.

Shower bathing lotions work well as a lubricant but for me they cause massive irritation afterwards so I avoid them.

18. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

I don't know how many of you incorporate a sensuous massage
    into their sex life. I sure do because I can get a Gal steaming hot that way.
    enter baby oil again its the best bedside product ever made and as was pointed
    out earlier it leaves the skin soft.

Hiker