Mac help?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by a_high_bitch, Aug 17, 2012.

1. a_high_bitch

a_high_bitch New Member

SOOO I just got a new mac and I LOVE IT its a 13 inch Macbook Pro. But I don't completely understand it....can some people help me?

2. lbushwalker

Gold Member

Well that is great news!
    I also recently went over the white side myself and purchased a new 23" i-Mac, i-Pad2, i-Pod Nano and i-Phone.
    It is all about I :)
    Initially it felt a bit odd with things back to front and right to left but a few months on it is the others that seen odd and I would not switch back.
    Being the sensual type just love all that light fingering across the screens and Apple mouse although at times text does kind of disappear never to return :shrug
    Would be happy to help with any specific issues you might have but anyway I always find what I need in the Google world.

3. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

What are you having trouble understanding? Apple is well known for making everything intuitive. You obviously found Safari okay :p

Your media player is iTunes
    Your instant messenger is Messages
    Your app store is App Store
    Your text editor is TextEdit

You can find most of these programs in the dock at the bottom, and if they aren't there you can click on the magnifying glass on the top right and start typing what you are looking for. You can take you fingers, put it on your trackpad and pinch all of your fingers together to get all of your applications like an iPad.

You scroll by taking two fingers on the trackpad and "pulling" the around, and you can take two fingers and pinch in and out to zoom.

4. OverSinged

Gold Member

it's the mac button + click for right click (I'm fairly sure, don't like macs myself)

5. ninja08hippie

ninja08hippie Official SF Hugger
    Gold Member

Actually, although that still works, most people just prefer to click with two fingers for the context menu :p

6. OverSinged

Gold Member

Well what do I know about Macbooks? all I know is I got stuck on a desktop and I couldn't figure out where the hell the right click button was xD