Lurkers

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Silverfox, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Silverfox

Gold Member

OK. Members out there just lurking. Reading and looking at pics and vids. You're logged in, so join the conversations. Come on, participate! :yell

2. wwlknsn

wwlknsn New Member

I'll admit to being a lurker. I suppose I am just trying to get a feel for the community and how much interaction occurs with members.

I have read over many if the posts in the community and one concept that I don't I see much mention of is addiction to sex.

If you sit back and really think about it and consider your actions, do you feel that you are addicted to sex and if so, why?

My thought is that I am and wonder what others think. I'm don't have concern either way as My partner and i enjoy a satisfying sexual relationship but she is only really aware of the surface kinkiness. What lies underneath is like a tap root.

Attempted exhibitionism, blatant voyeurism, submission desire, aural sex, stranger interaction and correspondence. All of it is really deep and demanding and can quite honestly demand attention at times.

I'm over 50 and just a pinch of confirmation from a pretty woman gets it going.

So how about it lurkers, guys and gals alike. Are you addicted and why and if you aren't, why not?

3. am0684

am0684 Member

What type of addiction do you think it is to have a need to show off my GF?

4. Silverfox

Gold Member

I've done some research on sex addiction. Most medical, psychiatric and psychological experts have not agreed about a definition, or if it actually exists. Hypersexuality is not new, indicated by the definition of nymphomania (interesting how it's applied to women).

The modern idea didn't surface until the late 70s and early 80s. There are a ton is religious sites that claim to be able to "heal" it. You say a pinch of recognition from a pretty woman gets it going. What does that mean? You get aroused? That's very normal. Do you mean you have to act on your desire? What makes you think you're a sex addict?

#4 Silverfox, Nov 19, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2013
  5. lbushwalker

Gold Member

There are some people who are truly addicted and even one member here is a self confessed sex addict who has sought and received treatment but in the main it would be a heightened interest that people have. If it affects other aspects of your life such as normal activities eg an inability to work or function then it is an addiction and you need to seek help.

6. Silverfox

Gold Member

OK, I see that.

7. wwlknsn

wwlknsn New Member

I would suggest that my definition of addiction is simply repetition of a mindset. Not bad, just what it is. Others may view as all encompassing. Lets call mine beneficial addiction!

8. lbushwalker

Gold Member

I would call it beneficial passion or even extreme interest.
    Addiction on the other hand is something that controls you and not the other way around.

9. Cappy_Dick

Gold Member

So, how did a post trying to encourage more participation on the forum turn into a total discussion on sex addiction?

I won't go as far as to say isn't/hasn't been any members who may have possibly been, but that's not the reason most people who have been here any real length of time are here. Most people are here for a social situation where they can ask questions, share experiences and/or get opinions on their experiences. Let's face it... Sexual discussions are still pretty taboo in social circles outside of the internet.

I have had a well rounded sex life, as well as being well read on the subject. I have tried most things in this department that I have wanted to and the few I haven't aren't a life or death thing to make happen. With this in mind, although on occasion, I will start a new thread, I am here more as an answering member. I enjoy sharing my knowledge, experiences and opinions with others. There are some quite interesting characters in the board's regular cast, so that makes for interesting reading.

Admittedly, my participation is not as much as it sometimes is. There is three main reasons for this. The board has been kinda slow lately, not giving much to respond to. There has also been too many new posts that are responses to threads that are years old. Some going as far back as '07. I really have nothing to add to threads that are old and the OP and responders don't even come here any more. I know that most of the regulars share this opinion. People would get a much better response if they would just start a new thread with something that is of interest to them. Lastly, I am dealing with some personal difficulties and am just not on here as much as I otherwise would be.

There's my two cents to the OP and the original topic. I hope this successfully un-hijacks the thread.

xx

10. Silverfox

Gold Member

OK, LURKERS, I have not given up on you. Even if your contribution is only " Yes, No, or " I don't know", please participate. Be part of the group...Please. No one knows you, no one will. Don't be shy!

#10 Silverfox, Nov 25, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 25, 2013
  11. alwaystry

My name is Alwaystry and I have lurked.....I was a hardcore lurker before andjust after signing up. I have a problem lol

12. Silverfox

Gold Member

Smartass. :mad

13. alwaystry

Lol better than a dumbass

14. Mikey22

Gold Member

Yes I'm a lurker also....Sometimes just don't know what to say.

15. Silverfox

Gold Member

Just say what you feel. As long as you don't beat up on anyone, your opinion or experience is welcome.

16. chikinlil

chikinlil Active Member

yes i will try lol but i work long hours really long and yes mam i will lol