Low Testoterone

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by 82angelfan, Feb 27, 2006.

1. 82angelfan

82angelfan New Member

Lately I have been feeling a little slow and my labido is really low. I began a new job where I am having to do a lot of physical work myself where I used to have several apprentices to do it so I thought this was the problem.

A few days ago I was listening to Bubba the Love Sponge and a doctor mentioned low Testosterone levels. Has anyone else experienced this?

2. Ryan

Ryan Gold Member

3. Eros

Eros New Member

I had this problem. I was working 6 days a week, 4 days off a month, 20 days on call a month and averaging about 75 hours a week. I went to the doctor on one of my 4 days off a month and had blood taken. My testosterone and thyroid were super low (and i was only 31 years old at the time!) The doctor put me on supplements to help out. The reason for the lowering of the testosterone was that the stress was leading to increased cortisol release from my adrenal glands. Cortisol (a natural steroid similar to prednisone) increased the degredation of testosterone (and one of the breakdown molecules is actually estrogen which makes it even worse!).

Now my job, while still stressful is loads better and I am off the supplements and feeling great.

So my recommendations would be to see a doctor and also re-evaluate your life to see if there is anything you can change to make some stress go away.

Good luck bro!