Lost Libido

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Miamia, May 22, 2012.

1. Miamia

Miamia Member

A friend of mine told me that she has absolutely no desire for sex anymore. That causes problems with her boyfriend. She says she still loves him, wants to be with him. But she never desires for sex and it is no pleasure for her. She does not think that it is due to the guy, but just to herself.

I already told her to try a vibrator (to find out how her body works and to practise having orgasms), to try out new things in her sex life, but it does not work.

The problem came two years ago. She had lost a lot of weight, looked like a skeleton, hated her body... now she is cured from this, she has a perfect body (I am a little jealous) and she likes how she looks (that's what she tells me). It seems to be normal that girls can lose their sexual desires during anorexia. But what can be done to get it back?

I'm trying to convince her to join this forum herself, but she's so inhibited... :)

2. Lover4You

Lover4You New Member

I used to be anorexic, a looooong time ago. Kinda depends on how old she was when she started and stopped. It can cause alot of developmental problems if she was in her teens or early early 20s still.

3. Miamia

Miamia Member

What I don't understand is that she doesn't really suffer from this. She just doesn't care. Unbelievable for me... It's just her boyfriend who is suffering.

4. Slipikins

Slipikins New Member

A lot of people don't realize that diet is important in our sexual arousal. It's all over the net but from personal experience...if I'm not eating enough of my fruits and veggies or eating too many startches and meats, I notice my cravings for sex waver some.

"Too much saturated fat can, over time, clog arteries and, in doing so, prevent an adequate flow of blood from reaching the genital region. This not only interferes with the ability to perform, but also with sexual pleasure. Too little fat, on the other hand, is also bad.

"You need fat to produce your hormones," says Beverly Whipple, professor emeritus at Rutgers University and president of the World Association for Sexology. "Cholesterol is metabolized in the liver, and you get your testosterone and estrogen, which you need for your sex drive," she says. Olive oil, salmon and nuts are optimal sources of the "good" kinds of fats--monounsaturated and polyunsaturated."

#4 Slipikins, May 24, 2012
    Last edited: May 24, 2012
  5. gyfo

gyfo New Member

Perhaps I'm speaking out of place on the subject. And I don't know a lot about anorexia. I know for guys certain foods help libido.

I have also been in a relationship with someone for 6 years that had no libido in the last 3 years we were together. It killed my self confidence and my self esteem. I honestly thought it was me. I met someone that made me look at myself totally differently. I ended up calling things off and rebuilding myself.

I know for guys there is an organisation where I live called the mens clinic that help men with such problems. Problems like loss of sexual appetite and erectile disfunction. Is there not something similar to this for women?

6. yuyo

yuyo New Member

She may be having hormonals problems