loss of sex drive?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by blue_eyes_phil, Sep 30, 2007.

1. blue_eyes_phil

blue_eyes_phil New Member

I've just ended a very long and drawn out, mainly sex based, relationship. Basically realised it was going nowhere and 4 years of good sex and bad conversation was enough.

However my sex drive has dropped off the radar, vanished. I used to have lots of sex and masturbate on top of that, now I don't even feel like masturbating, or really having sex.

I don't know whether to get worried or not, I mean SURELY it must come back at some point? I mean i'm only 22.

Has this ever happened to anyone else ???

2. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

We all have our ups and downs (pun intended), but if your libido doesn't improve I'd suggest you see your doctor about it. Sex drive is hormone driven (mainly testosterone for men), and if it's out of whack there could be a physiological problem that needs attention. You can get a simple blood test to measure your testosterone levels. Your doctor might have other ideas.

It could also be due to exhaustion, drugs (prescription or not), stress, anxiety, etc., etc. (The list goes on.)

Yes, I've had it happen to me, and it was a result of a pituitary gland problem.

3. cook74

Gold Member

I actually remember my libido dropping off somewhat at a similar age and due to similar circumstances. I got over it pretty quick(months, I figure, if my memory serves me well). If it is only due to the loss of your partner then it is only psychological, and a young man like you should be able to get get his virility back soon enough. :brow

4. igor

Gold Member

Well I am a lot older than you (67) but yes, my drive has dropped off some. I still think about sex as much or more than I used to but outside of occasional masturbation, I haven't had any sex for several years. My wife is a refuser, and I am on some prostate meds that play havok with sexual performance, so I have a couple of reasons why, in my case.

5. Buffalo204

Buffalo204 Member

How much are you drinking?? when I was around 30 I was drinking hard and my sex drive dropped to about nothing. When I slowed down on the alcohol my sex drive returned.

6. ideasoa

ideasoa New Member

As to loss of sex drive this had happened to me until I obtained a copy
    of sexsecretsguide. Learning the techniques and tips offered in this ebook
    had got me to where the arousal factor came back. It had made me horny
    and also enabled me to use the various ways of having great sex.

Great Sex Everytime man

#6 ideasoa, Oct 3, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2007
  7. JuicyB

JuicyB New Member

Catch your breathe!

It's very normal to need to just to relax and take a break for a while.

8. Maveri9720

Maveri9720 New Member

I agree. You will get your highs and lows. My first GF was a nympho and I ended up breaking up with her b/c it was just too much and I didn't want it for awhile after her. But it came right back. (Man, why did I break with her again for?????)