Looking for some advice

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by kaen, Jan 30, 2008.

1. kaen

kaen New Member

I am 21yr old male and I have been dating my gf for a little over a year and 3 months. We have been having sex since roughly 8 months into the relationship. We have more recently started experimenting with the girl-on-top position and reverse cowgirl. I have no problems keeping an erection when I am on top of her but when she gets on top of me unless she is grinding me really hard and fast I lose my erection pretty quickly. Is this relatively normal? Is there anything I can do besides maybe not masturbate for a few days prior?

We usually have long foreplay/oral sessions up to 2 hours before diving into intercourse. Could this also be another factor? Thanks for the advice ahead of time.

2. cbrmale

Gold Member

It is not normal to lose an erection in any position. From a physiological viewpoint, being below your partner causes blood to drain from your penis, so if you have cardio-vascular problems then these positions may highlight the problem you already have.

You should see a doctor and get a thorough check-up, and probably a referral to a urologist. What we may be seeing here is the tip of a bigger problem such as diabetes or something similar. Don't be alarmed just yet, but certainly be concerned enough to act.

3. Logger

Gold Member

There are studies that show that younger men who climax 5 times a week or more, have less problems with their prostate later in life. Citations are on earlier threads, if you care to search. So stopping maturbating for several days is bad for your prostate health.

Certainly a good idea to check your health.

For me, the trust issues and feelings of the moment are also important in determining my errection. Different positions work better for different couples. If one position is not working well for you, just change to another position.