long shifts

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by Flame_Tamer, Jun 16, 2007.

1. Flame_Tamer

Flame_Tamer New Member

I have been lurking for a few months and now I have a question that I haven't seen asked yet.

I have been in a relation ship for 5 years this week. Things started off great. She has a 6Y.O. from a previous relationship. We normally get along great. Since we have been together I have gotten my dream job as a firefighter. This job requires me to be gone for long periods of time, but I get a lot of home time as well. I normally work 24 hr shifts and have the next 24 hrs off. When I get home I am ready for some action. However she has to go to work when I get home. I end up waiting all day long for sex. Then she gets home and says she is to tired for sex. Then I end up getting none. I go to work the next day with a sack full of cum just building up.

So my question is anyone else here work the same kind of schedule and have the same problem? If so how did you fix it? I end up going to the hospital (in the course on my job) and see tons of hot nurse's that throw themselves at us firemen. I am half tempted to just cheat for some relief, but I am not the cheating kind. Any advice?

2. BluShrtVigilanT

BluShrtVigilanT New Member

This may sound simple, but just talk to her about it, it's the best way to solve any relationship problems. Other than that I can't say, it's up to you and her. JUST DON'T CHEAT FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!

3. Flame_Tamer

Flame_Tamer New Member

We have talked many times. Things just get busier and days off don't match. I love her however I still need sex. I love sex and I will get it with or without her. I would rather be with her any day of the week.

4. bosman

bosman New Member

My schedule in the hospital requires many, many overnight shifts, making sex impossible and post-call, I'm usually so tired, I'm asleep all afternoon/evening until she finally gets into bed and she's too tired by that point. So, we had to work something out, which relied on setting aside time in the morning before I left for work or in the early evening on post-call days (setting an alarm for me!), usually right after dinner. It took out a lot of spontaneity, but it was overall much better for the health of our relationship.

5. Steel

Steel Member

Not to sound harsh… but when you got into public safety this is the life you chose. I’ve been in it for 13 years and that’s just how life is when you work shifts. You both have to make time together.
    Please keep in mind that you choose to get into firefighting 5 years into your relationship… You both have to get use to your new life. It’s not like your girl is just walking into your established life and has to decide if being with the FD is the life for her. Don’t use it as an excuse to hurt her.

6. Flame_Tamer

Flame_Tamer New Member

Actually I got this job about 2 weeks prior to us dating. Maybe I didn't make that part clear. Things had been great for the last 4 years but this fifth one has been a rough go. This really isn't a new life. I have all kinds for time for her. My schedule gives me 20 days off a month unless I get called in or have a trianing to attend.