long distance break-up

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by p51fastone, Aug 8, 2005.

1. p51fastone

p51fastone New Member

my first g/f basicly met her online because i've never had anyone, and have been shy.

well, basicly my g/f and i have come to the conclusion it aint gonna work, neither of us is ever going to move. its been 1.5 years, but the last few months have been arguing on the phone, and last visit, wasnt too good.

but i'm seeing this girl in a yahoo personals ad that is really perfect for me, and she lives in my town. since being w/ my g/f and time, i've gotten more confident in asking another girl out. i really would like to meet her, and at least see if shes interested, but my family doesnt know i've lost my g/f yet, and its a really wierd break up because if she lived here, we would be cool. but i don't wont people to think im cold hearted for turning around and trying to meet another girl a week after i've left mine. but i havent ever really had a true g/f, because long distance is really weird, if anyone knows what i mean.

what do you people think, i kinda dont want this girl to get away, because she seems perfect in her discription, and really cute. but is there a time limit i need to try to wait for? thanks a lot...

2. Thorn

Gold Member

If I were you I would try to meet her as soon as you get to know each other pretty good on line. Don't push it but don't wait too long if it ain't going to work. If this one doesn't work out try meeting someone the old fashioned way, in real life. Each time you meet and get to know a little about these girls you will continue to loose some of the shyness. I was the same way when I was in my 20s. And don't fear rejection. Everyone will be rejected at one time or another. If you are rejected use it as a growing tool and make yourself go out and meet other girls. Good luck with the new girl fastone.

3. Rose

Rose Resident Sexy Grandma
    Gold Member

First - I'm glad you chose a girl who is in your town. That shows that your confidence is, indeed, growing. That's great news! And you are ready to venture out and actually meet this new girl. Thats great news as well! I say go for it. Every time you take another step forward, you are conquering your fears, and becoming more social.

Re: people thinking you are cold: You never really had a relationship with the other girl. You had no 'connection', no personal involvement. Your heart was not tied to hers, you were, at best, friends. In other words, you have no obligation to 'mourn' the relationship for some 'proper' period of time.

I think your parents will be pleasantly surprised that you are thinking about meeting another girl - and this time REALLY meeting her. Talk to them about it. They know you are shy, so they can hopefully help you.
    Good luck! Keep us posted!

4. p51fastone

p51fastone New Member

well,, curently im waiting for yahoo! to clear my peronal, thats the only way you can e-mail the people, it hasnt been long, i was hoping they did them kindda quickly... blah...

5. -G-

-G- New Member

I would say as long as you aren't flashing it in the x-gf's face and being disrespectfull about it then you are free to persue your interests whenever you want. Just take your time and make sure you are ready to jump into another relationship first.