Little Things That Piss You Off

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Kermit, Jul 9, 2011.

1. Kermit

Gold Member

But not big enough to bring it up to the person at the time:

I honestly do not bring this up at the time cause it's often in reference to loss and a difficult time. I fucking hate it, especially when some teenager or kid dies and they start trying to read God's mind and "know" His motivations.. ("oh they God needed this Beautiful Angel by his side!" ) I'm an agnostic (this is unrelated to the Existance of God Debate) but do they realize how stupid they sound sometimes especially it's when teenagers being retarded on the road (drinking or doing drugs) or if they're the victim of a criminal act that could be considered evil. I don't think they realize it, but they are suggesting that God is a petty being who takes what He considers pretty flowers from those who love them and in a sense and not only condones but sanctions their irresponible behavior or the evil or suffering inflicted on them is by people acting as Agents Of God. If i ever suggested to anyone of them that God was like that, i'd be slapped into next week but that's what they sound like. If God's really like that, i might go full atheist or at least utterly reject everything of that nature. But i keep my mouth shut, as it serves a purpose of comfort in difficult times, and it would be bad taste to say anything suffering that loss.