Life choices...so complex

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Pride, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Pride

Pride New Member

Trade school...and for what

or

College...and if so for what

God...i have to make these decisions and i dont have the slightest clue...who do i talk to where do i get information...how do i make the best decision. These may be the hardest and most important decisions i ever make in my life...and im at a total loss as to what is the right choice or how to even go about making one of these decisions.

Not even sure im prepared for it.

I'm just ranting i guess but feel free to leave some kind of useful information....this is just too complicated for my taste...honestly i have fears of my decisions. I have this bad thing where it seems all big choices i've ever really made have well not exactly turned out for the best. And this alone frightens me. It's not something you can easily fix or just up and change.

Damn...:|

2. Barbwire

Gold Member

Who says you have to chose right now? Can't you take a year off, get a job and give yourself time to get your head on straight?

3. igor

Gold Member

You have to decide what field you are interested in first. Way back when, I decided on trade school (2 years of electronics) that had all the engineering courses except the non technical stuff you normally need for a BS. Another 2 years at a college would have given me a degree. I don't regret my choice as I have had several interesting jobs although perhaps not at the level of pay a degreed person would get. But some of the jobs I had , a degree would not have made any difference.

4. vampire raver

vampire raver New Member

Go to a community college for a year take some core classes that will transfer and get some help from the admins at the community college.

5. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

"Hi and welcome to the real world. Now if you'll bend over we'll be sure to make your stay as comfortable as possible."

It's not easy but part of this time is actually figuring out what you want to do. Go with your passion and maybe you'll find something you like better. I went into college looking to major in History, switched to Philosophy, then switched to Economics. I love my major and I love what I study.

It's never easy, trust me, I graduate after next semester ... now THAT is nerve-wracking.

6. LPjammin

LPjammin New Member

Screw...

...that! I wanna retire in 20 years. I need this kids social security contributions!

:lol

If i was 19 again I'd start a band.

7. Pride

Pride New Member

Well that is actually not much of an option...im 19 and all ready behind on all of that because of some shit that happened im not a 5th year sr. And right now i can do dual enrollment which means i can double in high school and college (or trade school) and if i do that then the school itself will pay for me to begin classes...as well as i need to get started on this as soon as possible

and also i know ofr a fact if i took a year off which i did last year actually...then i probably wouldnt go back...

so i need to make my choice now...i just dont know if college is for me...because im not very good at getting work done outside of school.

But at the same time i can get an associates degree by taking my core classes at a college...and going to the trade school as say an electriction...from which im told is one of the better ones that i have available to me...supposedly its around 25 dollars an hour starting (i guess is the avg of the ppl that come from this school) also they will most likely be able to set me up with a job once i get done. And making 50 K after 2 years...and like i said i could still go and finish up a 4 year degree as well. And i was thinking about computers....i mean i figure the more i can do the better off i am...but im terrified of the homework aspect of college meaning things like english and math...now im not dumb and actually very good at all of it (except WRITING in english) but even though i have terrible work ethic when it comes to school. and especially homework.