Libidos and sex schedule

Discussion in 'Sex and Relationships' started by realwrl, Apr 7, 2014.

1. realwrl

realwrl Member

I'm curious what everyones sex schedule/frequency looks like.

With my ex, I was lucky if I could get it once a week, but the norm was probably more like once or twice per month.

With my new girlfriend, we have sex once or twice per day.

I'm absolutely amazed that woman's sex drive can be equal to (or greater) than mine after the last relationship I was in.

So it makes me curious... How often do you have sex? How often do you want it? Writing this post has made me want it... I'm going to go try to get it wet. :)

2. AGFUNK

Gold Member

If you're scheduling sex there's something wrong. At the moment we're between once and twice a week. I prefer more but hubby's libido is a lot lower than mine.

Doitagain and JonJo like this.
  3. realwrl

realwrl Member

Sorry... I didn't mean "schedule" as a scheduled event, more as just schedule of frequency.

4. AGFUNK

Gold Member

You can just say frequency of sex. That's what you meant by your post anyway. Schedule suggests you are putting specific times and days for sex.

5. biker061

Gold Member

how often do i/we want it? every day at least once!
    in reality we have some sex 5-10 times a week, sometimes just oral/hand job, sometimes a quicky, sometimes a full on hours long session.

Married M Nh and loves2ride like this.
  6. oldkid

About once every five or six days. How often do I want it?... every time I take a breath. It would kill me, but what a way to go out.

Serkan0000_, JonJo and CaramelLady like this.
  7. Anotherday

Gold Member

3-4 times a week, sometimes more sometimes less. 15 years married. For a long stretch we went into a "schedule" that resulted in 1 time a week and us drifting apart.

8. WS4

WS4 Member

We are up and down do to work schedule conflicts 4 to 10 depending on how many full days we have off together. If we get those I get her at least 2 times a day if its 2 days off together ill go for 5 I got the high drive she got low

9. JonJo

Gold Member

Sex & schedule should never appear together in the same sentence, sex is not a job or a project.
    Sex is a natural act and should take place naturally, when and if both parties are agreed and if/when it is possible.
    To count frequency and try to compare to others is pointless; because frequency can depend on so many variables with-in a relationship at any time and no two couples are the same.
    Libidos are not static or set 'things' and can fluctuate, sometimes almost hourly, with any individual, male of female.
    I think that if we are honest we all must have experienced this at some time or other.
    It is a recognised fact that the urge/lust is strongest when a relationship first starts and then fluctuates from there on; maybe almost disappearing at times, as we 'get to know each other' or the relationship turns into 'companionship'; hence why the OP 'gets it more' with his new gf than he did with his ex.
    A recent survey in the US found that the average, note not the norm, in a long term relationships, is only twice/month.
    'Boredom' with-in a relationship can be very easily slipped into, not noticed and be a dangerous, if not deadly thing, to good/wanted sex.
    It is not easy, if even possible, to be always 'exciting/excited', so slumps are sometimes to be expected.

CaramelLady and WS4 like this.
  10. htoad

htoad Active Member

A minimum of 4 times a week for us. Married 30+ years. "The "schedule" has gotten better since we are empty nesters most of the year and have fewer demands on our time. When we are on vacation, it can be at least once a day.

We both have high libidos, have kept our sex life exciting with each other, and have reached a stage in our lives we were looking forward to. So we are trying to get the most of sex now before we really get "too old". :)

11. skinnyminnie

Gold Member

1-2 per week. He works out of state but I'm not sure that has anything to do with the frequency.

12. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

The Lady and I are lucky to manage once a week. It's not that we lack the desire - it is all about schedules. Between the two of us we rarely have the same times free from work and when we do we are both so exhausted that there's little chance of very much happening.

13. backcheck64

Gold Member

Damn dude, we have it 2 to 4 times a week, usually 3 to 4, and we're running with full time work, I have two businesses, and our kids are involved in everything. Maybe you guy need to schedule work a bit differently LOL And we've been married 26 yrs, together 31

Joys likes this.
  14. 10_3XL

Verified Gold Member

If only that were an option! We both work jobs that frequently require us to be on-call and/or work odd hours. Our schedules rarely match up and are never set in stone. Comes with the territory of being in a healthcare job, though, I suppose.

15. Joys

Verified Gold Member

Damn man... How do you do that???

I'm not telling our frequency - I don't want anyone to weep and grieve for me

16. backcheck64

Gold Member

What, that's way down from what it was before kids. We just make time for each other.

17. Joys

Verified Gold Member

OK that's what I ask

18. collette

collette Member

After a long sexless marriage I am in a nine month relationship where we have sex 1-3 times a day on the 3-4 days a week I do not have my kids. It's a wonderful change :)

19. ginger

Gold Member

well im recently into a new relationship so we're at it like bunnies :D

20. loves2ride

Verified Gold Member

We usually average 3 - 4 times per week. No set day's or times....Sometimes it's a full session, sometimes it's a Bend Over Quickie, sometimes it only a Hand job or Blow job. And sometimes it's just a quickie BJ or HJ when he's ready for bed, known as "Blow Jobs for Bedtime". ;)

Doitagain likes this.