libido problem....

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by tatman523, Oct 13, 2008.

1. tatman523

tatman523 New Member

hey guys,
    for some reason, the past month i havent been that horny like i usually am...in fact, not horny at all. Im 22 yrs old and work at a supermarket and usually drool at almost every half way attractive girl i come across and find myself wanting to stick my man tool in her :). i havent got laid in about 3 months and im just not horny anymore and am quite worried.

is there anything i can take to get my sex drive going again or anything i can do mentally? help me out guys...i appreciate it.

2. Joe

Joe
    Gold Member

Libidos do fluctuate a bit, but if you've noticed a major decline I'd recommend seeing a doctor and having your testosterone levels checked. If it's low you can get synthetic testosterone by way of injections or patches, and I think they have creams or ointments you can use too. It can be dangerous, so it's not something you want to take without close supervision by an endocrinologist, or at least a family practitioner.

But the main reason to see your doctor is because something is causing the change. It could simply be exhaustion, mild depression or a change in your diet, but it could also be the first sign of other medical problems.

I experienced a drop in my libido years ago and came to find out it was caused by a pituitary tumor. Since my wife had cut me off from sex anyway, I didn't have it checked out until I began losing my eyesight and experiencing severe headaches on a daily basis. By that time it was almost too late, as the tumor had grown beyond the size of a softball and was nearly inoperable. The neurosurgeon who discovered it said there were only three doctors in the U.S. who would attempt the surgery, and even with them my chances for survival were very slim. Luckily I beat the odds.

It's unlikely you have a brain tumor, but I mention this to stress the importance of a checkup when things start changing without apparent reason. There's ALWAYS a cause for any change, and it's smart to find that cause if the change continues for long.

I do recall reading about a diet that was supposed to increase libido for women and, to a lesser extent, men. It was fairly complex, and I couldn't tell you what it consisted of other than large doses of rx-grade fish oil supplement, some chocolate, nixing caffine... some other stuff. You might stumble onto it with Google, but I don't recall the name of the diet. I read it on the Discovery Health board 2-3 years ago. It might still be there.

3. tatman523

tatman523 New Member

thanks for the advice Joe. i will definitly check out the diet and much power to you for beating the shit outta that cancer