Let's talk movies.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jayce, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Jayce

Gold Member

One movie that I simply cannot cross off of my list as one of my top 3 is Walk The Line. Amazing movie, great acting, great music, great everything. It was just too perfect. Such a shame J. Cash died before the movie was finished. One thing that stuns me about Joaquin Phoenix is that, he claims he never watches any movies he stars in. I know one thing - he's missing some good movies!

One of my other favorites is none other than Mel Gibson's Braveheart. Some people give him shit... why? I don't know, and you've seen that show on South Park about him (though I find it hilarious, to be honest), but I think he is an extremely talented individual. Braveheart starred him plus he directed it. FREEEEEEEEEDOMMMM!!...

The Patriot is yet another Mel Gibson movie at the top of my list. Great acting, with its fair share of sad points in it too. Well rounded movie.

2. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

I own Walk the Line, but haven't yet watched it. My girls love it! My favorite movie..... Moll Flanders.

3. Jayce

Gold Member

omg, watch it. Walk The Line is such a great movie. It's pretty long though, a good 2.5 hours I believe.

King Kong is another good one. That movie I believe was 3 hours and 15 minutes. I feel like I have to call in sick to find time to watch that movie, but it's still good!

4. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

Such a man. Sigh.

5. Jayce

Gold Member

Would you rather I be a wo-man?

6. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

Giggles. No sir.

7. Jayce

Gold Member

Aw, come on. I can play dress up!

8. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

You can dress up for me any way you want, my dear! That doesn't mean I wish you with different parts!!

9. Jayce

Gold Member

Sometimes I wish I had different parts. Is that bad? :uhh: :(

10. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

No. That's not bad. I'd love to know what ya wanna do with those parts..... I think I'll have another drink while I wait.

11. Jayce

Gold Member

Oh come on, that's a silly question to wonder what ME of all people would do if I had my own female body parts. MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MEOW! :brow I'd be one horny woman, that's for sure.

I can't help but to think if I were female I'd be so self conscious of myself, wondering if my thong is hanging out, or if my bra strap was showing, etc. Meh.

12. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

So are those things you judge harshly on a lady?

13. Jayce

Gold Member

I don't judge a lady by anything. I just happen to know what I'd do to myself if I were female... If that makes sense?

14. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

Well, I'm a social work/counseling major and a psych minor. I just wonder why you choose those things, is all. I'm a horny woman, so I can relate. I don't worry about my thong.... I don't wear 'em. And, to be honest, I rarely worry about bra straps, cuz I don't wear those too often either. I am self conscious though. Do these jeans make me look fatter than I am? Is there anything in this closet that could possibly make someone look more than once? LOL.

15. Jayce

Gold Member

I think you kind of misunderstood. It's not that I think women are trashy about that or anything. It's just that... me, being a dude, I'm fine with my boxers hanging out. But if I were a female I think I'd be more prone to trying to keep my undergarments unseen, that's all. Maybe my girlfriend's habits about keeping her undergarments consealed caused me to feel this way?

16. bluenavigator

bluenavigator New Member

Another re-make movie.... King Kong... I am pretty sure graphics and stuff are much better. Why ruin the the original movie by making better one? That's why these old movies are called classics.

I know that new "the Italian Job" is much better than old one because old one's ending made no sense!

What about Star Wars series? I know that first one that came out in 1977, it was awesome! Just that I watched it over and over and noticed the "IV" part. It made me wondered why start at that point, should had started with very first part of the whole series. Feh!

I am in habit of watching one movie too many times. I had watched Matrix about more than 8 times. My wife was sick of it and tell me to quit watch same movie over and over. Other movies that I watched over and over - Chicken Run, Meet the Fockers, I,Robot, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. Am I nut?

17. Master9804

Gold Member

Hell yeah. Now that,s a Awesome Movie. Kinda Long. but really good. I love the Battlefield scene where when they were about to leave and he Gives that Talk about would u Trade all Them days from now until then,etc. Everytime I watch that part I always end up cheering.

Another good one for Gibson is Ransom. He was really good in that too. Road Warrior anyone?

Anyone have any thoughs on the Halloween remake with Rob Zombie that,s due out in 2007?

18. bluenavigator

bluenavigator New Member

Battlefield scene? Not sure which one you are talking about?

Battlefield Earth? battlefield in Braveheart?

Just watched the movie "Ransom," it is good movie. Watched it three times so far. Mel Gibson is one darn good action actor. I have all these Mad Max movies and Lethal Weapon movies.

I don't really like freaky horror movies that much at all. They suck because I can sit all thru the horror movies without fricking at all. I could use them as good sleep pill.