Lets talk about my tooth

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jayce, Feb 13, 2007.

1. Jayce

Gold Member

A few months ago I got a filling. About 2 months later, part of it chipped out, along with a very little top corner of my tooth. The tooth was okay, and he just put in a nice sized filling to cover the little chip as well, and this time made sure the filling was real secure and done well, had clearance from my bite, etc. However, it's been a few months. Maybe 2 or 3? And it's still sensitive. But, it's only really sensitive to pressure. If I chew gum or something pretty tough, the pressure makes my tooth feel sensitive. Hot and cold don't really have an effect on me.

I just kind of did a test with an ice cube though. My left side (the side with the cavity I'm talking about) DID hurt a bit more than the right side did as far as the level of pain I was in with the ice cube sitting directly on top of the tooth. My mother, who had a root canal a few weeks ago, said the ice cube made her want to jump through the roof it was so painful, so when I stood there in front of her with the ice cube on my tooth and was like, well, it hurts a bit, but nothing terrible, she said ahh you're fine then.

So I wonder, is the reason that my left side hurts a bit more because it STILL is a little sensitive? Or is it a sign my nerve is dead? I'm just wondering why it's still a bit sensitive...

2. Logan

Logan New Member

The nerve isn't dead, if your really worried about it I'd go see a different dent. ... Sadly to say I have to get work done a lot, sometimes it takes longer to heal, I'd actually wait to see how it is after 6 months unless it gets to the point where it bothers you to talk or eat. And stop chewing the gum, lol.

3. Jayce

Gold Member

I just chew the gum on the right side. Every now and then I toss it to the left to see how the sensitivity is. ;)

4. pirouette

Gold Member

Can we talk about you running down my street naked instead? It was a lot more fun than your teeth. :)

5. Jayce

Gold Member

Oh I'll run down your street naked. Even if there's 10 foot of snow outside I'd do it for you Pirouette. :brow

6. pirouette

Gold Member

I'm touched Jayce.

Anytime, anytime.... :)

7. HerHubby

HerHubby The SF Poet Laureate
    Gold Member

Um, wouldn't Jayce have to SKI down your street?!

8. pirouette

Gold Member

At this point, yes. as long as I have my camera I really don't care!!!