Lets Talk About Jayce

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jayce, Nov 23, 2006.

1. Jayce

Gold Member

It's been a while since I dedicated a thread to me so I brought it upon myself to commend myself on being awesome and all kinds of other cool stuff.

OHH MY WHERE TO BEGIN. Well once upon a time in a shithole of Pennsylvania a 20 year old male, who is now single, was living and enjoying life to the fullest. Yeah okay so to the point. As you folks may or may not know, but now you'll all know since I'm telling you! (That one was a kneeslapper, el oh el hahaha!)... anyway I was in a relationship for a long honkin time and two months ago we split. Blah blah whatever I'm pretty much over it. Miss it. But over it. Time to find me a new gal. Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll at work there's this girl. She works every other weekend and that's it because she goes to a local college (commuter). I work opposite weekends FROM her. So one weekend I work, then me, then her, me, her, etc. A B formation. I'm an A, she's a B.

So anyway I met her back in summer. She's worked there for 3 years, I been there 2 years. We clicked right away because we both share the hobby of mountain biking. I loooove it! My ex hated it. :yell So I always went solo on trails. ANYWAY LOL - so that was always our topic of conversation and such doodles like that yo. Anyway she went out of state for 2 months for an internship with school, and I hadn't seen her. I thought she quit.

So I'm at work the other day and she comes right up to me and seemed exciting to see me and asked how I was doing, etc, la dee da you know the drill. She also made me feel a bit awkward, because I've never had a female that I can remember compliment me on my hair style. She didn't just say it was nice and looks good, she went into detail about WHY and HOW it looked good on me. Made me feel good, but it was something different that I've never really had happen to me. Anyway she's cool as shit, more or less. Well here's the kicker. I'm almost positive she doesn't have a boyfriend. She's a very independent girl, and I don't really think she's the type to hunt someone down or make the first move even if she's given the perfect opportunity. She's just not that kind of person that I can tell.

But anyway I'm having a hard time telling if she's hitning with me or if she's just being herself, which is insanely nice. So, is she being nice, or hinting at me? The world may never know. But I got the vibe she was really enjoying the conversations we've been having lately. Makes me feel good. But here's another kicker. I'm positive I mentioned my ex to her in the past, granted if I did it would of been back around May or something. The other thing is I'm positive I didn't mention anything to her about me being single now. Nothing. So I don't know if she forgot I had a girlfriend, didn't care, or if she's just being friendly to me and that's why she's so nice. Who knows.

But I got her email, sn, etc, and I'll do my best to stay in contact with her. so much we've talked over email a bit but it's not like we went out on a date or anything. But oh well, we'll go slow and I hope something happens out of it.

Here's the other kicker. I'm not going to wait around, per se, either. I went to Hooters today and saw they had a comment card on the table. I picked it up and looked at it. Turns out that the Hooters girl that was our waitress was incredibly nice, and she didn't look like a complete whore, she looked really really pretty. I looked at the comment card and it had a few questions. Where I live, name, number, email, what I ordered, waitresses name, etc. I filled everything out, putting "You're beautiful" in the comment section, and putting the 20 piece set of wings I had at Hooters in the what I ordered section. I know she'll know who it is since I was the only one who ordered wings, and I clipped the comment card to the check. I also drew a big arrow with a smiley face pointing to my cell number. Har Har. I'm awesome.

Did she call? No. Will she? Ahahaha probably not. :( But oh well, I had fun being a hound dog. Had a terrific day. WeeeeeeEE! So we'll see what happens. Not sure what I'm doing. Right now I want to have fun and be me, and it seems like this girl at work is giving me the best chance to do that. But like I said, I have NO idea if she has a boyfriend, though I'm almost certain she's single, and I KNOW she wasn't told that I'm single. Oh well. Day at a time. Zing!

I'm very tired. It's 2 am. In fact, I was so tired while typing this that I laid my head back in my chair and rested my eyes. So disregard any typos I may have above, it was all typed with my eyes shut. Yawn. Tired. Time to go. WEEEEEEEEE

2. pirouette

Gold Member

Glad to hear from you again Jayce. I was starting to think I'd never hear about your desk fan again! :lol As far as the girl at work is concerned? You need to bring up the fact that you are single? Ok. First, don't be weird about it. Be casual. Be normal. Be yourself. Second, maybe suggest going out for coffee so you can "catch up" since you haven't seen each other in a while. Tell her you are free all weekend. Anytime is good (and if she still thinks you have a girl friend she'll ask why you aren't seeing her). :)

3. Jayce

Gold Member

Yeaaaah... *sigh* We'll have to see. I'd rather just go slow and start talking with her on aim/email more and more, as opposed to just coming outright and asking her to do something. I mean sure we're very friendly to each other at work but... I think it's be kind of awkward if we didn't get a chance outside of work to talk more, because there's only so many minutes in a lunch break at work and you can only talk about so much.

Buuuut we'll see what happens. Yawn...

btw my desk fan is no longer a deskfan. Now I prop it on a little stand next to my bed, and just lay there starkass naked and enjoy life.

4. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Jayce ... take it slow?

Read my signature.
    "That's all I've got to say about that."

5. Jayce

Gold Member

True. But I just don't want to sound pushy, that's what I meant by that.

6. pirouette

Gold Member

I only suggested you ask her out for coffe to catch up since you don't seem to have much time at work for it. I go out with men (other than my husband). It's not like a date. :eyes

7. Jayce

Gold Member

Yeah. But it almost seems kind of weird... I think it'd be best to ask her that after work sometime, BUT unfortunately she won't be working for another week and a half for me to have that opportunity. Plus right now since she hasn't responded to my last email and isn't online I have no way to get in contact with her.

Hmmm... :(

8. Bluesy

Gold Member

Maybe she's just really busy and hasn't had time to respond. I wouldn't take it personally. And I think your slow, friendship-oriented approach is a good idea :tup That, to me, is the ideal way to get to know someone.

Good luck, hon!

9. Jayce

Gold Member

Yeah, I think she is busy. What I really like about her is I've never heard her complain one time. (A woman that doesn't nag? WHAT?!) :lol Just kidding ladies! But seriously, she's never once complained about being tired or wanting to go home or anything. She's a hard worker and pretty independent too.

What am I kidding, I'm getting myself excited and... you guys just watch. We'll start talking and she'll mention to me she's got a boyfriend. HA! :(

I just ate Thanksgiving dinner. My stomach just got dominated. Woooo I just gained about 7 lbs.

10. Jayce

Gold Member

Motherfucker. I was over at a friend's house tonight along with like 5 other people. My ex of 5 years said she'd stop by to say hi cause she hadn't seen everybody in so long. So she did. She's all laughing and carrying on like she's never been happier in her life. Man it was so fucking hard to sit here and not fucking throw something at her. I treated her like a queen, I helped her out emotionally and financially with everything. And yet I sit there feeling like I'm nothing, like I'm worthless. Five years I spent with her... and yet I just felt so worthless sitting there knowing everything I did for her, and seeing her laughing like she's never been happier. Maybe she was putting on a front, I don't know. Luckily she stayed for 20 minutes and left.

Fuck.

11. Puss_in_boots

Puss_in_boots Adminatrix
    Gold Member

I'm sure she was just as uncomfortable as you and it was all an act. There's nothing more awkward than being in the same room with your recent ex-boyfriend. If she didn't feel awkward then she probably would have stayed longer than 20 minutes. Also, not to sound unsympathetic but jeez, what did you expect? Did you want her to be all depressed and crying and desperate? You want her to be happy don't you?

12. Jayce

Gold Member

She stayed 20 minutes for a reason. When she left, she had a minimal of 4 hours sleep before having to get up in the morning. Everybody else had the day off. She stopped by after going to see a late movie with a friend of hers. She would of stayed the whole time if it hadn't been for that.

Blah. I need a beer.

13. PhoenixRose

PhoenixRose New Member

I agree with A1. Take it slow you have your whole life ahead of you. :)

14. Jayce

Gold Member

I know but May is so far away and I want a beer NOW DAMNIT NOWWW. :mad

15. Jayce

Gold Member

Let's talk about how fucking awesome I am. Today went my way completely. First, I woke up. The end. Great story huh? Anyway I had so much trouble getting to sleep last night, and it pissed me off. It was like 230 and I was still awake, and I had to get up at 6. I was laying there like OMG WTF!!!!??!??! I had slept until 130 pm the day before so I guess that's why. :yell But I felt good for having so little sleep.

SO ANYWAYS LYK... I wake up and for once I shot right up out of bed. Slept what, 3 and a half hours? Got right outa bed! Then I go to work. Turns out I didn't even have to work! But I asked the supervisors if they had anything for me to do, and they said sure do wanna stay? So I stayed for 4 hours. Then I went to school. Blah blah la dee da so yeah school was fun. Very unproductive day, however. My teacher told me I need to stop working ahead. :lol He actually asked me to stop for a few days and help everyone else out to get up to speed, so I just helped out classmates, which are close friends anyway to it was cool.

Then my ex's sister in law, who is literally like a sister to me, called me with internet problems. So I stopped by and helped her out. Turns out it was just her firewall. She was confused over why she was on AIM yet IE would work. A two minute fix and the firewall was configured to accept/all from IE, where as before it was set to block/all. Oh well! So we talked for a bit and had a good time.

Then... what the hell else did I do. Oh I stopped for rat food. I got a pet rat. She's cool. She's my hero.

Oh, and the girl I like from work, I finally found out she's single. :brow Trying to think of the best way to get her number. I was thinking maybe the best way would be to actually give her mine first... something like, "Hey I really enjoy talking to you, would like to talk to you more, here's my number just in case you'd ever want to take me up on that." Blah blah. Then after we talk more on the phone, say we should hang out sometime, go out for coffee, then dinner, then start dating, then marry her, make babies, grow old, yeah that's my plan.

Anyway I can't stop sneezing cause I have this cool thing called allergies or some shit like that yo so I'm gonna go shove a tissue up my nose so I can stop dying.

16. pirouette

Gold Member

How did you find out she was single?

17. Jayce

Gold Member

She told me. We've been emailing one another lately and I asked her if she had a boyfriend/brothers/sisters/pets, etc. And she told me she was gone for the summer for 3 months for a school intern project or something. She was dating a guy for a few months, but when she came home it was just, weird. She said she thought it'd work itself out, but he didn't feel the same way, so he split it off.

I'm not sure what to think. I told her a tid bit about my last relationship, and she in response said "I think you're a really cool guy, I'm sure it won't take long for you to find somebody else."

Was she inquiring about herself being that 'somebody else', or does she have no interest in me and was just trying to be nice and keep me positive?

I did end up giving her my number, though. And in the email she responded back in, she gave me hers. I figured I'd give her a call tomorrow evening.

I hope things go my way for once. :(