Let's talk about how fucking pissed off I am.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Jayce, Jan 31, 2007.

1. Jayce

Gold Member

So I decided to upgrade linux from ubuntu dapper 6.06 to ubuntu edgy 6.10. So what I did is I had the edgy 6.10 live cd and just booted to it, erased my swap and 6.06 partition and installed 6.10. Well I don't know what the fuck happened but my fuckin boot loader decided to take a shit on me. In the end, I formatted the whole fuckin drive, reinstalled windows, reinstalled linux 6.10, blah blah.

Got it working now. But aim won't work. In fact, all four computers in the house (some use windows, some linux) all won't connect. I have 2 screen names, both won't work. My mom's screen name doesn't work either. But I posted on some forums and people there say they're online on aim just fine. I'm online on my pda and it's fine. But why the fuck are my four computers not working? I'm raging.

2. Jayce

Gold Member

Okay. The aim problem was fixed. All I had to do was reset my router. Which makes perfect sense right, considering I could get online with yahoo and on the web browsers and shit. Aim just decided not to work. Okay cool.

Now mplayer is fuckin up.

I need to rub one out. :(

3. heelfetish

Gold Member

Time to grab a cold beer, Jayce. :)

4. pirouette

Gold Member

Sorry to hear you're having problems.......how's the fan working? or have you switched it to a heater? :lol

5. bighiker2003

bighiker2003 Banned

I had the same problems when I had a router
    I solved the problem by throwing the fucking
    router that I paid 69 bucks for in the trash can.
    Everything worked fine after that.:sf

6. Jayce

Gold Member

A heater and fleece pajamas. ;)

7. Jayce

Gold Member

Well, after hours of reconfiguring everything to the way I had it (I had a lot of settings that I'm anal about keeping) I finally got everything squared away. I synced up my backup drives, so now everything is good to go. Woooo!

But to put a damper on this short lived excitement, I was supposed to hang out with my buddy tomorrow with this girl who supposedly was into me. Well, he decided to be a little bitch and bail out. Then she decided not to go. Turns out she's interested in him. YEEEEEWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO fucking shoot me. :yell

8. pirouette

Gold Member

Sounds toasty. (and cute, Jayce). ;)

9. HerHubby

HerHubby The SF Poet Laureate
    Gold Member

Well, I'd hit those darned computers with a ball peen hammer if it was me!! By the way, Jayce, ever thought of becoming a subbie for pirouette?!

10. Jayce

Gold Member

It's incredible, I get so incredibly enraged but I'd never hit a computer because I know how badly that can damage it. The real kicker here is the fact that my AIM didn't work. If I had AIM, I would of had contact with more advanced Linux users which could of helped me.

Looking back on it, it was just a matter of changing the setup in my grub configuration. Grub is the boot loader that I use. Simple problem that caused a huge catastrophy. But, it's all good now. I got windows and linux both running, grub is fine, got 6.10 running solid, I even got beryl running.

This is Beryl:

[​IMG]

Linux has what you call Desktop Workspaces. Essentially you have 4 (by default, adjustable between 2-16 from what I've seen) identicle desktops. To stay organized you can throw certain windows to another workspace. For example, you can throw all IMs to one workspace, all downloads to another, etc. Since I'm a huge downloader, I'll send all of my torrent files to another workspace. Well, Beryl incorporates the workspaces in a cube formation, and if I take a window and push it to the edge, the cube will flip. I just quick hit the prtscrn (print screen) button to snap the picture.

[​IMG]

This screenshot is taken when I just grab a window and move my mouse side to side. The actual window has a gooey like effect to it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When you minimize/maximize windows, they get this swirly effect to them from the taskbar. After like 30 tries (it goes so fast!) I finally got two good pictures of what it looks like.

You see? Persistence and patience pays off. But it WAS a good thing that I didn't have a ball pin hammer nearby!

And what's this talk about being a subbie for Pirouette? I don't know what a subbie is, however I do know Pirouette, so I'm going to answer that question with an abso-fuckin-lutely! :cool

11. pirouette

Gold Member

You have no idea what you just agreed to Jayce! :cool
    I accept. :bsdm I could always use another submissive. :lol

http://www.sexualforums.com/talk/showthread.php?t=5990

12. HerHubby

HerHubby The SF Poet Laureate
    Gold Member

Ya gotta love Jayce! He's such a hoot! Hope your computer problems work out, Jayce man! Hang in there!

13. Jayce

Gold Member

Ahh. Computer problems are overwith. Why? CAUSE IM FUCKING AWESOME THATS WHY!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOboobsOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. AnonymousOne

Gold Member

Couple that with the fact that apparently you are now Pirouette's submissive. :lol

Damn dude. :eek

15. Jayce

Gold Member

I feel like stripping down naked and running up and down the street slapping my ass as I yell "I'M THE ALPHA MAN" with peanut butter smeared across my chest.

16. pirouette

Gold Member

you are so f***ing funny, Jayce.

just don't come running down my street like that, if you know what's good for you. :lol

17. Jayce

Gold Member

I just took my Elantra off road in the snow. No bullshit. I only got stuck 4 times, and each time I just floored it until I somehow grabbed traction and was able to pull out of the hole I was in. Yep. I was on some dirt roads that were for hiking only. Buuuuuuut 10 pm at night and no cars were in the parking lot, nobody would be around, right?! Bahahaha. I went motoring RIGHT on past the "NO MOTORIZED VEHICLES" sign. I love me.