Legal stuff?

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by Astoroth88, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Astoroth88

Astoroth88 New Member

Me and my girlfriend have been dating for awhile now, around 4 months, and she wants to "spend some quality time together." Here's the thing though, I'm 18 and she is 16, we both love each other a lot and I want her to be my first. (I'm a virgin, oh well.) I read some where that if your 16 you can give legal consent up to 4 years age difference, is this true? I live in West Virginia btw. At first when she brought this up about 3 months in I said that we'd better wait untill she is 18, cuz her parents don't want her dating anyone till she is 18. (they don't know we're dating, ssshh) We see each other when possible, and talk on the phone alot. She's the more aggressive one in our relationship sexually. So if anyone knows about the legal aspects of this, let me know. :ugh

2. Halogen

Halogen New Member

I'm not sure of the specific laws in VA, but this happened to a friend of mine. He was 18, had a 16 year old g/f. They had sex, her parents found out and pressed charges. He spent six months in jail.

Honestly? I think it was bullshit. two years difference is NOT that major. I really have no advice other than, if you're going to be sexually active with her, you'd better hope no one finds out, especially if her parents are the super protective kind!

EDIT** Looks like the age of consent in WVA is 16, but I'd still tread carefully. It sounds like those parents wouldn't be happy to know that their daughter is dating.

3. vampire raver

vampire raver New Member

Well techniquely it is illegal if you have sex, her parents could charge you with statutory rape
    That could put you on the registered sex offender list

But if you feel like you love her and you feel like you could keep it a secret then go with it
    My So and I had sex since I was 19 and she was 17 but now she is 18 so it is all good

4. Astoroth88

Astoroth88 New Member

Well, i just did a search for the legal age of consent for heterosexual (straight) in north America, and I looked at several different sites and they all said in West Virginia legal age of consent is 16. I must of looked at about 15 different legal-looking sites and they all said the same, so essentially we're in the clear.

5. LaVitaDolce

LaVitaDolce New Member

Do the most research you can to be 100% sure. Even call around to your local sheriff's office or attorney's office. Anything would help, I'm sure. :)

6. vampire raver

vampire raver New Member

Yes it sounds like it so good luck and enjoy just use safe sex everytime

7. Astoroth88

Astoroth88 New Member

thanks, and of course I'll use safe sex, I'm horny not stupid :cool

8. Cryssi

Cryssi New Member

I would be really careful. If her parents find out and freak out then press charges, you will have to register as a sex offender for the rest of your life. I had a friend have that happen to him and it has not been an easy road for him at all.

9. angel_n_sneye

angel_n_sneye Member

Here is something for you to think about ... I grew up just across the river from you in Shadyside ... and a friend of mine from Wheeling who was 18 and his girlfriend was 16 ... her parents found out about them having sex and pressured the girl into going with them in pressing charges. This was a girl that we all hung around for months and they were "Sooooo In Love" blah blah blah ... he ended up with contributing to the delq of a minor and was lucky enough to not have the sex offense on his record. Not saying this would happen to you, just thought I would share. I recommend you stay on the safe side ... you could wait ... or find another one ... plenty around there ;)

Sneye

10. Kahurin

Kahurin New Member

If its legal in your state for a 16 year old go for it lol or if you want to be safe have her write a letter and sign it saying she gave concent for this and what not

11. Localboy_808

Localboy_808 New Member

Here where im from 18 is the legal age...Just dont fuck up and get her pregnant the parents will kill you :dgrin lol j/k be safe dude.

12. Astoroth88

Astoroth88 New Member

As for the getting caught, we're being very precautious, not to many worries there. and we're taking every precaution to prevent any "little ones" from popping around.

13. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

or if you have the money a trip to europe will solve the problems ( especialy england) 16 is the legal age all over england......no mayyer what type of sex your after male on male, female on female or male on female..... each of those has a 16 year age legality limit....

14. Astoroth88

Astoroth88 New Member

We both live in West Virginia so Legal age is 16, so I don't see the sense in dishing out the dough just to do something we are already able to do. ;)

plus...if I run all the way to England, then her parents will do a double back flip and have me sent to prison for kidnapping, which would NOT be good for either of us...

15. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

Remember that the only issue is not age of consent, but also the line between minor and adult.

16. Astoroth88

Astoroth88 New Member

yea..... the government and parents suck, I can understand being protective over your 16 year old daughter, but totally denying her access to the opposite gender is ridiculous. parents like that run the risk of her running off when they turn 18 and never seeing them again. Well, she told me she's doing that with me anyways, BUT that's the point. She can't stand her parents, they pretty much deny her life in general.

17. melicious

melicious The Old Maid
    Gold Member

Yes well, one's view of that at your age, and at the age of a parent, varies greatly, I'm afraid. Saying that my sixteen year old daughter should not be planning her life at that age, and with someone who is legally considered an adult when she is not, is not denying her complete access to the opposite sex. It's enforcing the line between child and adult. Are there exceptions to every rule? Are there 16 year olds who are mature enough to be planning their lives at the age of 16? Sure. And there are 18 year olds who should be planning their lives and aren't. Always an exception.

18. Astoroth88

Astoroth88 New Member

I can see where you're coming from, but I'm not planning my entire life now, just the immediate things such as college for 2 years. I don't want to start my own family right this minute, she wants to do this because she wants us to share are feelings for each other physically. I feel that she is mature enough that way too, we had a long talk about this (2 hours) and we feel that we can take this step in our relationship.

19. Kronnie

Kronnie Banned

Astoro .....i was just pointing out about europe ....where as in america different states have different age laws.....england has the same all over......
    18 legal for drinking ( and going up to the bar and buying )

Kind of strange how different countries have diffrent laws for ages of things....your alloed to have a baby at 16 but not drink a beer till your 18....obviously it takes more sense to drink a beer than it does to mother a baby.makes a lot of sense to me ...................not lmfao....

if its legal where you are ( if it was me and i was still 18 i wouldnt turn the chance down, especially if your planing on dating her for a good while

20. vampire raver

vampire raver New Member

I think that is partly because the governement feels that it is kinda crazy to expect teens that sexually mature at a such a young age, to wait for a long period of time. So they lower the age of consent to cut down on charges and paper work and headaches etc...

But they feel that using a controled substance takes someone with a more mature mind to handle correctly, so I can see where the governments are coming from.