Learning French/Cunning Linguist

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Kermit, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Kermit

Gold Member

Trying to expand my language skills beyond English, it's time for it i think...well over due. I've gotten Rosetta Stone and got the French and Spanish Packs. Tested it with the French. I wanna take French for personal reasons...had an attraction to it for years. I love French films, somewhat Cajun by birth...so it's a fit.

I want to learn Spanish however for professional reasons. Working at Mapco i had difficulty with the Central Americans. I was frustrated not cause i think they should learn English but cause i didn't know Spanish. I cut that issue some slack cause if your'e struggling to raise a family, or struggling to send money back home to bring your family here legally (it's a nightmare considering an hourly wage here is a daily wage there), or what reason, it's difficult to learn a language so i don't fault them. Would have been nice to converse with them in their Mother Tongue to put them at ease and build better Customer Relations. Plus theres the issue that a lot of places are looking for Bilingual employees

2. RideNaked2

Gold Member

Sounds like a great idea Kermy. I use to speak fluent French but have lost so much from not using it. I would love to learn again.

Good for you! :)

3. Alwayslearningsex

Gold Member

Where did you learn french? Parisian / Eurpean french?

I'm from Canada and while we can communicate it compares to british and american speaking slightly different with accents as well.

4. cbrmale

Gold Member

Je parle le Française et pas mal. C'est n'est pas trop difficile. Mai vous besoin plus de Rosetta Stone!

Seriously, you cannot speak French by thinking of 'does the next word start with a vowel or a h so therefore I pronounce the liasion?'. So learning grammatical rules doesn't work terribly well in conversational French, but do become necessary as you get further advanced. Same in all languages.

There is one trick with French and that is to get the rhythm and intonation of the language spot-on; otherwise French-speakers will not understand you. They're not being difficult, you may think you speak it okay but they don't understand (Ne comprenez pas).
    I can go to France, and even to Paris where they are precious about the language, and speak it exclusively, even though my accent isn't native. There isn't one universal French accent, and I think Rosetta Stone is Parisienne (like mine).

The nice thing is that it is a lovely language to speak and I truly have lost count of the women I have seduced by whispering French in their ears (alternating the French 'vous êst trés belle' with the English 'you are very beautiful' and getting progressively more raunchy). J'aime beaucoup faire l'amour avec toi maitenant usually gets things moving to a logical conclusion.

5. Kermit

Gold Member

If your'e trying to seduce, should you use "tu" rather than "vous"? Cause "tu" is the more intimate and you're trying to get well beyond formal and polite with them lol