Laws that need changing

Discussion in 'General Sex Discussion' started by whybother, May 10, 2015.

1. whybother

Gold Member

What laws exist that are unfair and restrict sexual freedom.

I'll start with an easy one. In the U.S. We are on the road to marriage equality but not thee yet. We need full rights for LGBT.

billytk1977 likes this.
  2. Cappy_Dick

Gold Member

I agree 100%. However, gay people need to stop trying to perpetuate that they are something special and different, because they are not. Especially not in a world of equality. These guys that walk around with their beards dyed purple, rings in their nose, glittery nails, belly shirts with cargo shorts and work boots, think they are doing their fellow gays a service by walking around walmart like "Look at me, I'm fucking gay and you need to accept me. These folks aren't helping at all. I live in a small northeastern community. We have several same sex couples. They live and work here and carry on pretty much like any other working person.

They don't come in for a beer having a Michael Sam tongue fest with their SO's. They, like respectable hetero couples, tone down their affections in public. These people are treated just like any other couple would be.

American gays and blacks need to take a lesson from their European brothers and sisters. A majority of them live and work as part of the community, instead of crying "look at us, we are special and different" and are accepted members of society.

It's the same with blacks. Those that live, work and try to be part of the community, much like the Irish and Poles did before them, have little problem. Those that sag their pants, starch their hats flat, Holler at each other like they were in a cotton field, when they are 6th or more generation born Northeaster and blame the government because no one will hire them, are not helping themselves or anyone else.

Those who want to be treated as equals in a community should try to be PART of the community and stop trying to ram it down people's throats that they are special and different. Everyone knows you are different. If you stop acting like it's something special, you'll get a lot further, because you're no more special than I, or anyone else.

xx

#2 Cappy_Dick, May 10, 2015
    Last edited: May 10, 2015
    Rodbearing, Candela, ply and 6 others like this.
  3. Amature

Gold Member

Cappy_Dick, I really don't know how it could be said any better. Excellent post.

Cappy_Dick likes this.
  4. Cappy_Dick

Gold Member

thank you good sir.jpg
    xx

Amature likes this.
  5. Barent

Verified Gold Member

In NYC, which has one of the largest homosexual communities in the country, the flamboyant and somewhat exhibitionist gay stereotype has been virtually absent for decades. In this metropolis, gay people are usually very reserved, and dressed more conservatively, not in a bad way, than the average straight male. The reason may be due to the fact that they've had a strong foothold in the Big Apple for a very long time and the battle for acceptance and equality is mostly over and won.

#5 Barent, May 10, 2015
    Cappy_Dick and whybother like this.
  6. whybother

Gold Member

I understand the point but Europe isn't exactly the beacon of race relations. At least in The United States crowds don't make monkey sounds when dark skinned players touch the ball.

I think sometimes groups that aren't given equal treatment need to stand up and stand out to be heard. Acting like nothing is wrong doesn't initiate change. As for groups like poles and Italians, only service during the war took them out of ghettos. And even then they still face prejudices. But race is a little off topic.

7. Cappy_Dick

Gold Member

I don't know where you get your views on how things are in Europe. Have you ever lived there? It does not sound like it to me. Nearly 30 years ago, when I had my first extended stay in Europe, same sex people were far more accepted there then, than they are here today. In more modern times, it's your mainly flamboyant's that have problems. Sure, just like anyplace else, some areas are more bigoted than others. But, as a whole, Europe has far less issues with sexuality.

As for using race as an analogy to this topic, I find it completely relevant to the discussion. Apparently, so did others. Forum means a place to discuss and debate. It's all part of the game.

xx

8. whybother

Gold Member

My European reference was to race. And I was discouraging discussion, I was just disagreeing. I believe that institutional racism exists and operates to prevent many people from sharing in the land of opportunity. Flamboyant gays included.

9. Meee

Gold Member

1. Sex toys for women are restricted or even outlawed in some states (unless those laws were finally changed recently).

2. Some places still have anti-sodomy laws, even though the Supreme Court ruled that they were unconstitutional in 2003.

3. Laws against public nudity, sex in public, and a few other dreams I have.

10. Barent

Verified Gold Member

I am not so sure I want laws against public nudity to be dropped.

ply and whybother like this.
  11. WizardTongue

Gold Member

As a whole on sex in general, I think the US is more uptight about it then the rest of the world.

I have been around the world three times and have seen many "Red Light Districts". The US vould definitely stand to get on board with open sexuality. I mean look at the bpok Fifty Shades of Grey and how taboo the movie was considered. Sex should be glorified in all its state. It's nothing to fear but enjoyed by all. Yes we have strip clubs but nothing like other countries have.

Public nudity and public sex could be more open too. JMO

ply likes this.
  12. 12barblues

Gold Member

Damn it Cap, that was perfectly said. Nice ..

13. 12barblues

Gold Member

As far as racism here and abroad. I only have read the many accounts of the great, American blues artists of the 50's and 60's that were basically snubbed by the white American mainstream, only to go overseas and be treated like musical royalty. Some of them, applying for citizenship and moving there permanently because they were treated with the respect they didn't get at home.

(My apologies to the OP for straying off topic here)

ply likes this.
  14. Barent

Verified Gold Member

There were a few American Black jazz and blues musicians who moved to Europe, but not many. Jazz and blues has always had a limited audience in America, since the 1950's and, while Europe has a higher percentage of fans of this music, it's still limited. Europe is worse than the United States as far as class distinctions. They hide their racism, but it comes out at sporting events like somebody mentioned. Many Europeans have very limited, or no, experience with people of color and consider themselves different, and better - even though they may enjoy being entertained by those who are in the performing arts.

#14 Barent, May 10, 2015
    ply and whybother like this.
  15. Alwayslearningsex

Gold Member

I am in Canada but I have read and seen news showing how bigoted and intolerant people can be.
    I should not be judgemental LOL as I can be at times, although this borders on hate.
    Looking deeper, except for protecting their values, ..... what are they so afraid of?

I am very straight, yet I had gay male friends. More people should make the effort to know the person
    before judging the sexual orientation.

whybother likes this.
  16. Essene

Gold Member

Meh. Each individual has their own burden to bare.
    I support the ability to define ones self via the way they dress.
    Now, if they go to an interview and their attire isn't, at least, business casual then yeah.... I'm not a fan.

I'd like to see incest and bestiality changed. Ergoo, if they're not hurting the animal, more power to them.

AGFUNK and whybother like this.
  17. Barent

Verified Gold Member

I don't think that incest is against the law, among consenting adults. If it is, then it shouldn't be - but I would stop short of allowing brothers and sisters to marry, unless one or both of them was not capable of creating children. I doubt that there's many blood siblings that would do this, though. Same goes for mother/son, father/daughter marriages. Cousin marriages are generally OK, and therefore legal in most states and countries. o_O

#17 Barent, May 11, 2015
    Last edited: May 11, 2015
    whybother likes this.
  18. billytk1977

Verified Gold Member

In oklahoma one (male or female) must have their genitals covered. In my fair city ov bville ass cleavage and womens breast arre also illegal to expose. Also city ordinance says there will be no sex shops set up (the one here is a lingerie store with a novelty section) and no strip clubs.

ply likes this.
  19. johanconra

Gold Member

Well here in the Netherlands, gay people are accepted as they are. Most don't walk around as cappy said except one day a year during the gay pride.

Cappy_Dick and whybother like this.
  20. johnnyangel694u

Gold Member

Paying for a blow job shouldn't be prostitution.

ply and billytk1977 like this.